VP, Human Resources - WebMD
We are seeking a Vice President, Human Resources to be a key member of WebMD’s executive leadership team. The role will be based in New York City. The VP, HR will be a strategic business leader, developing and executing human resource strategy globally in support of the business plan and strategic direction of the organization. This individual will possess broad business knowledge and leadership skills to build on our high performance culture.
- Collaborate with Internet Brands and WebMD leadership to drive HR strategy, policies and programs that are aligned and support business strategies and objectives.
- Contribute to the strategic direction of the business through engagement and leadership in senior staff meetings and discussion.
- Engage leaders in building alignment, creating synergies and fostering a common culture that will grow the overall business.
- Continuously improve the quality of the overall human capital by attracting and promoting the best talent and building strong overall succession pipelines, and working collaboratively with leaders to understand staffing requirements and ensure the workforce meets current and future needs.
- Play a key role in due diligence activities for M&A as well as the integration of newly acquired businesses.
- Set the standard for WebMD’s overall leadership expectation. Hold self and leaders accountable for achieving results. Identify obstacles to getting things done in the organization. Make difficult and tough decisions in a timely manner.
- Design and implement fair, competitive and cost effective compensation packages of salary, incentive compensation and benefits.
- Ensure the continuous development of employees at all levels through well-designed learning and leadership development that addresses priorities for business and leadership capability.
- Ensure the continuous increase of employee productivity through the ongoing evaluation and evolution of performance standards, productivity goals and incentive compensation in targeted areas.
- Provide overall leadership and development for a 15+ human resources team, ensuring that the function is high-performing and best-in-class, setting an example for the organization around performance.
- 15+ years of experience, ideally with some time serving in a top HR role for a large division or full company.
- Extensive leadership experience and a track record of leading growth and transformation, ideally in product and tech focused organizations with multiple locations, including international.
- Experience and knowledge of best practices across the HR domains, including: total rewards, strategy development and execution, compliance, talent management and organizational development, change management, employee relations, executive development, and talent acquisition.
- Experience leading HR teams aligned to supporting broad corporate goals as well as to the needs of the individual business units.
- Ability to navigate and be successful in a complex matrixed organization with the ability to build buy-in while juggling differing perspectives and demands.
- Prior experience with M&A and business integration, looking for on-going synergies and opportunities to support growth.
- A talent mindset and focus on building programs that align employee performance with company objectives and facilitate attracting and retaining top quality talent.
- A passion for building and supporting a diverse workforce and fostering an inclusive culture.
- Strong executive presence with exceptional influencing and business skills. The maturity and interpersonal savvy to be proactive and establish credibility with all employees at all levels.
- Excellent oral and written communications skills.
- A Bachelor’s degree in business or related field or equivalent relevant years of experience is required.
About Internet Brands:
Headquartered in El Segundo, Calif., Internet Brands® is a fully integrated online media and software services organization focused on four high-value vertical categories: Health, Automotive, Legal, and Home/Travel. The company's award-winning consumer websites lead their categories and serve more than 250 million monthly visitors, while a full range of web presence offerings has established deep, long-term relationships with SMB and enterprise clients. Internet Brands' powerful, proprietary operating platform provides the flexibility and scalability to fuel the company's continued growth. Internet Brands is a portfolio company of KKR and Temasek. For more information, please visit www.internetbrands.com.
Internet Brands and its wholly owned affiliates are an equal opportunity employer.