Floorplans/Layout and Cabinet Designer
Dwellify provides an online home remodeling experience that couples groundbreaking technology with world-class design expertise to transform homes in a variety of styles and budgets. Our turnkey design-build services provide customers with access to designer-curated style packages, superior materials and experienced vetted contractors.
We are seeking a qualified Designer with expertise in the 2020 Design Software to join our tech start-up. The Designer will be using their design skills to develop room floorplans/layouts and associated cabinet designs in home kitchen and bath remodels.
This role is home based and initially part time with frequent interaction with corporate management and operational staff required via videoconference/conference calls.
- Willing to join a fast-moving tech start-up in the remodeling/builder space
- Read and review rough sketches, drawings, specifications, notes and other building information received from customers
- Create custom floor plans and layout documents, cabinet designs, and 3D renderings for customers using 2020 Design software, ensuring all required installation notes and details are captured in the design plan
- Draw proposed cabinet, countertop, backsplash interior elevations and floorplans and bath and kitchen renderings using 2020 Design software
- Problem solve with internal team to come up with best results to achieve proposed design
- Must be familiar with kitchen and bath design trends, cutting edge products and product lines, and be able to incorporate them into attractive and efficient room layouts.
- Expert skills in 2020 Design software (3 years experience minimum)
- 3 years of kitchen and bath design, interior design, or equivalent experience
- Solid understanding of modular cabinets and countertops
- Basic interior architecture detailing skills
- Knowledge of construction and design principles
- Basic sketching and rendering skills
- Auto CAD experience preferred
- Microsoft Office required
- Professional communication skills (verbal and written) and must be a team player
- Highly detail and deadline oriented
- Time management skills to handle multiple tasks simultaneously
- Problem solving and independent thinking and initiative
- Eager to take on challenges and learn new skills