Home Care Aide Full-Time AM/PM San Mateo (1970) (HCA, CHHA, HHA)
You may think “old” when you think of Institute on Aging (“IOA”) because we offer services for elders and are a 40+ year institute…. but you wouldn’t be more wrong. While we do have a long-standing history in California, IOA is on the forefront of revolutionary healthcare models, reshaping the way people can age in place. Our innovative models transform lives, enhance communities, and save healthcare systems millions of dollars. Rather than focusing on archaic outdated design, we strive to consistently question the “status-quo” and create new and more innovative ways to help aging adults maintain their quality of life. With over 23 programs, we offer multiple ways to aid seniors maintain their health, well-being, independence and participation in the community, fulfilling our mission.
IOA’s Home Care Department is seeking a Home Care Aide/ Caregiver to join its team in San Mateo. Home Care Aides/ Caregivers provide non-medical personal care and support to the elderly or adults with disabilities in their homes. Duties range from companionship to total client care. Home Care Aides are supervised regularly by IOA’s professional staff. Note: Services are provided 7 days a week.
Key duties and responsibilities of the position include, but may not be limited to:
- Assistance with personal care, including bathing, dressing, and toileting
- Assistance with transfers, ambulation, or exercise
- Meal preparation including special diets and assistance with feeding
- Light housekeeping, including vacuuming, dusting, laundry, linen changes, and dishes
- Other Assistance may include -medication reminders; help with exercise; assist with hearing aids, walker, wheelchair, bedside commode; empty catheter/colostomy bag
- Other duties as assigned
- Sincere interest in the well-being of elderly or disabled adults; knowledge of the community served; initiative, imagination, resourcefulness, and flexibility
- At least 1 year of experience and a valid HCA,CHHA , or HHA certificate and sufficient work experience in current field
- Authorization to work in the U.S. and valid photo identification
- Must have a licensed, registered and insured vehicle to drive to assignments throughout the Bay Area
- Agency-paid health exam & TB clearance – must be completed before first client assignment
- Fingerprint clearance prior to first client assignment
- One-year experience working with the elderly or training and current certification as a Certified Nursing Assistant or Home Health Aide in the State of California.
- Ability to lift, transfer, push/pull, maneuver, and reposition 35
- Ability to reach, bend and walk
- Ability to comprehend complex written materials
- Ability to communicate and speak clearly in English
Additional Experience and Training with:
- Hoyer Lift/Mechanical Lifts
- Colostomy Bags
- Full ADL Assistance
- Assistance with Pets
- Alzheimer’s and Dementia
- Hospice and End of Life Care
- Full-time 40-hour position with benefits
- Must be willing to work weekends
- Competitive wages per the union contract, paid bi-weekly
- Medical, Vision & Dental Insurance
- Paid time off
- Paid training and CEU’s
- 403b retirement savings plan
Institute on Aging reserves the right to revise job descriptions or work hours as required.
We encourage you to learn more about IOA by logging onto www.ioaging.org/about-ioa
Institute on Aging is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Institute on Aging is committed to cultivating a diverse and inclusive work environment and providing equal opportunities to all employees and job applicants without regard to age, race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic disposition, neuro-diversity, disability, veteran status or any other protected category under federal, state and local law.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.