Hourly & Live-In Caregivers - San Francisco (902-E)
Position Title: Home Care Aide
Location: San Francisco
Reports To: Operations Manager, HCSS
Institute on Aging (IOA) is dedicated to preserving the dignity, independence and well-being of aging adults and people with disabilities. Our broad spectrum of services addresses not just the traditional health care needs of our clients, but the needs of the whole person as well. This break-through model of care, and our 40+ years of hands-on innovation, have dramatically enhanced the quality of life for our clients, improved their health outcomes and reduced costs for our payer partners. Our track record of success is why IOA is recognized as a national leader in shaping healthcare policy.
IOA’s Home Care Department is seeking a Home Care Aide/ Caregiver to join its team in San Francisco. Home Care Aides/ Caregivers provide non-medical personal care and support to the elderly or adults with disabilities in their homes. Positions range from companionship to total client care. Key duties and responsibilities of the position include, but may not be limited to:
- Assisting clients with personal care, including bathing, dressing, and toileting
- Driving clients or accompanying clients to shopping, errands or doctor’s appointment
- Assisting clients with transfers, ambulation or exercise
- Preparing meals, including awareness of special diets and feeding requirements
- Handling light housekeeping, including vacuuming, dusting, laundry, linen changes and dishes
- Providing medically oriented assistance such as medication reminders
- Helping clients with exercise, assisting with hearing aids, walker, wheelchair, bedside commode; emptying catheter/colostomy bag.
- Providing companionship
FLEXIBLE HOURS OPTIONS: Part-Time, Full-Time, 12-Hour Shifts, Short Shifts, Weekends or Live-In. Services are provided 7 days a week. Your flexibility increases chances for work.
- Minimum one-year work experience working with the elderly or adults with disabilities
- Ability to communicate and speak English clearly
- Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA) or Home Health Aide (HHA) certification in the State of California
- Ability to drive and willingness to transport clients. If hired, applicants accepting driving assignments must provide current driver’s license and proof of auto insurance and have a safe driving record
- Bilingual language proficiency in English and Spanish, Chinese or Russian languages
- Demonstrated interest in the well-being of the elderly or disabled adults
- Initiative, imagination, resourcefulness and flexibility
- Ability to lift, transfer, push/pull, maneuver and reposition 35 lbs.
- Ability to reach, bend and walk
- Five finger dexterities
- Health care, Dental and Vision benefits *
- $250 Employee Referral Bonus
- $500 Employee Retention Bonus
- 9 Paid Holidays and 1 Floating Holiday*
- Biweekly Pay and Direct Deposit
- Paid training and CEU’s, including free CPR Training
- 403-b Retirement Savings Plan with IOA matching contribution*
- Pre-tax Commuter benefits and other options*
- Parental Leave, Family Medical Leave
- Employee Resource Groups and wellness programs
* You must work an average of 30 hours per week for 90 days in a row to be eligible for these benefits
We encourage you to learn more about IOA by logging onto www.ioaging.org/about-ioa
Institute on Aging reserves the right to revise job descriptions or work hours as required.
IOA is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age,race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.