As Legal Officer, you are part of our Global corporate Finance & Legal team, which is the beating heart of all financial management and operations at InSites Consulting. You will join the finance & legal team in Ghent, but you will be working for all +20 entities across the globe. You will report to the CFO, but will collaborate with many stakeholders in the InSites Consulting group.
In your role as Legal Officer you will take a unique position of taking ownership in overseeing all legal aspects of our business. You will give legal advice on a variety of legal domains across the business, taking into account both the commercial as the legal interest of the business. You will handle both internal and external legal concerns and will effectively ensure legal conformity and minimize probability of exposure.
After getting acquainted with our processes you gradually will take up responsibility to further optimize our legal processes towards clients, suppliers, partners and employees. You will make sure our processes become more efficient over time, realizing economies of scale and learning curves. You will be responsible for organizing, structuring, managing and monitoring our legal department.
You will collaborate with our external legal advisors on specialized and/or local legal topics and will translate the advice into efficient processes and legal documentation.
You will be involved in our M&A practice, in collaboration with our advisers and the M&A team.
Provide Legal Advice
- Give legal advice on a broad range of domains:
- Client contracting
- Supplier contracting
- Social and labor law
- Contract reviewing and negotiations: review contracts, develop standard contractual clauses, standardize review processes and assist in negotiating with different stakeholders.
- Give accurate and timely counsel to executives in a variety of legal topics (labor law, partnerships, international ventures, corporate finance etc.).
- Provide clarification on legal language or specifications to everyone in the organization.
- Taking all possible legal problems into consideration before making any recommendations.
- Communicate and negotiate with external parties (external counsel, public authority, etc.), creating relations of trust.
- Draft and solidify documents, contracts, agreements, procedures and other legal documents.
- Create a solid legal repository.
- Manage and maintain our digital contract vault.
Structuring legal processes within our global organization
- Optimize legal processes to eliminate inefficiencies.
- Create legal standard documents and clauses.
- Create necessary internal legal policies.
- Setup a legal control and compliance process.
- Continuously research legal resources, to allow you to stay up to date on all current laws and make well-educated legal recommendations.
- Analyze on a regular basis the actions and decisions of our company, to identify problem areas, suggest alternative courses of action and mitigate risk as much as possible.
- Degree in Law, or a similar relevant field
- 5-10 years of proven experience as a Legal Counsel in a business environment or as a corporate lawyer
- Proficient in English, both spoken and written
- Excellent knowledge and understanding of corporate law and procedures
Your key competences
- Sound judgement and ability to analyse situations and information
- Outstanding (English) communication skills, both written and verbal
- High degree of professional ethics and integrity
- High attention to detail
- Strong entrepreneurial skills, ability to getting things done and focus on results
- Ability to translate the needs of the business into efficient legal practices
- Ability to match commercial business objectives with legal compliance
- Strong negotiation skills
- Last but not least: fun to work with 😉!
WHAT’S IN IT FOR YOU?
Joining InSites Consulting is joining a highly passionate and dedicated team where innovation and forward thinking are stimulated. You will be working in an informal, fast paced and global culture where chances for personal development and learning opportunities are ample. We strive to be an open and transparent company in which everyone is invited to participate. It’s a fact, we aim high! So, from time to time we have to let off some steam. Fun is definitely part of our culture. On top of this we offer a competitive compensation package including excellent benefits.