Culture & Trends Consultant
InSites Consulting are a market research agency consisting of 17 offices in total, reaching from New York to Sydney. Market research is one of the most dynamic and exciting sectors, it’s all about understanding what makes people tick and why they behave the way they do, which is more important than ever during times of global disruption and change. Our Researchers are connecting business with the people they’re interested in, it’s about putting the voice of the customer at the heart of the businesses we work with. We are a global consumer insight agency with an ambition to be the best in the world at understanding people. To do that we need to be tapped into what’s going on in consumers’ lives around the world. Our goal is to be highly attuned to people’s changing needs and behaviours and most importantly, what’s driving that change.
Joining InSites Consulting is joining a highly passionate and dedicated team where innovation and forward thinking are stimulated. You will be working in an informal, fast paced and global culture where chances for personal development and learning opportunities are ample. We strive to be an open and transparent company in which everyone is invited to participate. It’s a fact, we aim high! So from time to time we have to let off some steam. Fun is definitely part of our culture.
To support our growth, we are looking for someone to join our team as a
Culture & Trends Consultant
This role is open to people within Germany, Belgium, France, The Netherlands, Romania, South Africa.
The Culture & Trends team are experts in taking emerging consumer trends and making them practically relevant to brands. At InSites we are fortunate to have a window into the lives of thousands of consumers from across the world via our ongoing research communities, meaning we’re able to spot trends which emerge as needs in people’s lives. Our trend expertise coupled with our closeness to real consumers makes us ideally positioned to address the complex challenges arising in today’s world.
As Culture & Trends Consultant, your role will be helping our clients to identify, understand and act upon culture shifts and emerging trends that are shaping consumers, categories and brands, both now and in the future.
You’ll guide and shape the direction of projects for our clients in global markets. Leading the research, design and analysis on Culture & Trends projects, you’ll find effective ways to approach each project, drawing from the fields of ethnography, semiotics and trend forecasting. You will interview leading edge consumers in our global network and use the Culture & Trends Human Drivers model, our proprietary a framework rooted in positive psychology, to determine how a trend might impact a client business.
The role itself will range from mining cultural insights and identifying trend-led platforms for innovation, to deftly combining trends with primary research to deliver foresight that is grounded in human reality.
You’ll guide and shape the direction of projects for household brands in global markets.
You’ll join a growing team within a fast-growing business, working for leading consumer brands cross the globe.
YOUR KEY RESPONSIBILITIES
- It is expected that the Culture & Trends Consultant is able to independently source, distil and analyse relevant secondary research drawing from a wide range of sources and disciplines
- You will write briefs and carry out in-depth interviews with Illume Guides and experts
- Apply and develop the Culture & Trends Human Drivers model, our proprietary a framework rooted in positive psychology
- Produce high quality outputs that inspire action
- Attend client meetings to debrief findings and make commercially sound strategic recommendations
- Expected to support the Sales Teams and Global Account Partners on sales activity, including wring proposals, costing projects and pitching
- Expected to support the Marketing Team in producing content with a focus on culture and trends
- High levels of client liaison via telephone, email and face-to-face, and high liaison with primary researchers across our global offices
- To project manage medium complexity/budget internal projects which arise from the Culture & Trends annual plan
- Continue personal development and keep up to date with the latest cultural insights thinking, international news and consumer trends
- Have a proven background in a similar position
- Be able to demonstrate a genuine passion for people, cultures and brands and a clear interest in consumer trends
- Be someone who sees the bigger picture, brings a fresh perspective and is not afraid to challenge the status quo.
- Able to deftly combine multiple sources (primary and secondary research), delivering fresh insights and strategic recommendations.
- Able to engage, enthuse and inspire clients and researchers with the latest cultural and trends insights
- Be a strong team player, supporting and developing others in the team
- Be a strong networker with the ability to forge good working relationships with others.
- Have a strongly commercial outlook.
- Have excellent writing and presentation skills, including ability to write inspiring content and deliver workshops and conference papers
Let’s talk! We look forward to hearing from you.