In this role, you will be working directly with the Corporate Controller and our VP of Finance to grow our San Francisco based team. You will be a key contributor and have a major impact on the way processes are built and implemented to support Insightly's significant growth trajectory.
Join our team and own the accounting operations function including but not limited to accurate and timely financial reporting in accordance with US GAAP, month end close, SaaS revenue recognition, payroll, and GL activity. You will own all accounting operations, and due to our company's growth, we will need your help in creating and implementing scalable process improvements.
**Candidate must either be a CPA or have passed all parts of the CPA exams*
- Create and implement scalable processes, policies and internal controls across various revenue, expense and balance sheet account activities
- Oversee operational data from our various billing/revenue system platforms to ensure data integrity and accuracy, as well as enhancing speed and reliability of financial reporting
- Manage a lean team and continue to mentor and grow the accounting function
- Ensure the monthly publishing of accurate financial data to business partners, including timely analysis and communication of budget to actual variances and executive reporting
- Manage the relationship and activities of the independent public accountant, external tax advisor, and other third-party advisory firms. Work with external audit and tax specialists on various aspects of year-end audit and tax filing requirements
- BS in Accounting, Finance, or a related discipline; CPA is required
- 5+ years of progressive accounting experience; combination of Big 4 public accounting and start-up or high-tech experience
- Strong understanding of US GAAP and FASB codification and pronouncements
- Experience working in a fast-paced environment
- Managerial experience and mentoring of junior team members
- Advanced Microsoft word and excel skills (such as pivot tables, vlookup and data analysis)
- High-growth SaaS company experience
- Experience with ASC 606, 842
- Quote-to-cash experience with multi-product offerings
- Career: Competitive pay, equity, growth opportunities, 401k
- Work-life balance: SoMa SF office, Comprehensive employer-sponsored health coverage plans, generous DTO, flexible work arrangements, company paid Clipper Card, less than 15 minutes away from BART, CalTrain, MUNI, and casual dress attire
- Freebies: Bi-Weekly massages from professional massage therapists, delicious catered lunch on Fridays, stocked pantry (snacks, coffee/tea, refreshments, fruits), happy hour
- To empower companies to build lasting relationships with their customers.
- We play as a team.
- We are ambitious and think big.
- We strive to make customers happy.
- We build with simplicity not complexity.
Insightly is a well-funded VC-backed startup that provides cloud-based Customer Relationship Management (CRM) and Project Management software to small businesses. Insightly is the most widely deployed CRM application on the Google Apps Platform with more than 1.5M users located in over 200+ countries worldwide using our software.
Insightly is on a significant growth trajectory with a solid track record and reputable investors. We have concluded a Series C financing round and is backed by Emergence Capital Partners, Cloud Apps Management LC, Sozo Ventures, and TrueBridge Capital Partners.
Insightly is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status