Senior Data and Visualization Engineer
As a Senior Data and Visualization Engineer reporting to Head of Analytics at Insightly, you will own the data, processes, and dashboards at Insightly. You will also be responsible for the ETL process, gathering data from multiple sources using API or other methods, and stitching together the data in our data warehouse. This person will work closely with various teams to understand the reporting needs of the team, gather data from multiple sources, analyze and build BI dashboards to provide insights. There will be the opportunity to explore new technologies and learn new skills to continuously improve the way we operate. Key responsibilities include data governance, business intelligence, enterprise data warehouse, analytics, and business enablement of data analytics.
- Own ETL process to gather data from various internal and external sources to inject into data warehouse
- Build and launch new data models that provide intuitive analytics to data customers
- Implement data structures using best practices in data modeling and ETL/ELT processes.
- Interface with business customers, gathering requirements and delivering complete data structures
- Provide statistical and analytical support to key stakeholders, managers, and executives by creating institutional and ad-hoc reports
- Assist in verifying correctness and completeness of the data model, data relationships, mappings and definitions for the functional business area.
- Recommend improvements to existing business analysis and interpretation of data by business users
- Stitch data from multiple sources both internal and external in data warehouse to create holistic view of customer journey
- 3-5+ years of experience as Data Analyst/ Data Engineer
- Hands-on experience dealing with complex SQL queries
- Advanced level of understanding SQL
- Experience building dashboards using BI tools (Tableau preferred)
- Coding and scripting skills needed to manipulate data with languages like Python/Java/R
- Experience working with a cloud provider like AWS
- Business savvy: understand the business needs and the mathematical approaches that can help you solve business problems
- Strong organizational and multitasking skills with ability to balance competing priorities
- Excellent communication skills, including an ability to communicate technical concepts to non-technical staff
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Mathematics and/or statistics (Master’s degree preferred)
Impact: A fun and exciting start-up culture that empowers each individual to make an impact on the business
Value: We seek to foster a positive, open environment where everyone is supportive and helpful
- 100% covered medical, dental, vision, and life insurance
- Take the time you need to unwind with our flexible vacation policy
- Fully paid for Clipper Card (We’re close to both Caltrain, Bart, and Muni)
- Catered lunch every Friday + fully stocked kitchen
- Quarterly volunteering events to give back to our community
- Biweekly massages
- Generous parental leave policy
Customers today are smarter, more social, more discerning and have more choices than ever before. Only customers can decide if they will be customers for life. At Insightly we believe that to be worthy of such commitment, businesses must go beyond traditional CRM and fundamentally rethink their customer relationships.
Insightly provides customer relationship management software for small and midsize business across a range of industries such as manufacturing, consulting, health & wellness, media, and others.
Founded in 2009 and based in San Francisco, Insightly is backed by $38 million in funding over three rounds from leading venture capital firms: Emergence Capital Partners, Cloud Apps Management LC, Sozo Ventures, and TrueBridge Capital Partners.
Want to learn more about Insightly?
At Insightly, we foster a friendly, inclusive, and family-oriented work culture where we are dedicated to both professional and personal development. We are also committed to our community, engaging in quarterly volunteer events while promoting cross-functional teamwork.
We celebrate diversity and welcome all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status. Insightly is an Equal Opportunity employer committed to building out a diverse workplace.