Senior Software Engineer (remote)
If you like working in a small and fun startup environment where you'll have full ownership to deliver tangible results, Insightly is the right place for you! We are looking for a software engineer to join our engineering team. You will design, develop, and maintain the Insightly APIs and Hosted Application. In this role, you will be working closely as part of a smart and collaborative team that is developing highly scalable cloud-based CRM services for small and medium businesses.
- Building highly scalable web applications for our users and customers
- Planning and designing effective and elegant solutions to support a rapidly growing customer base ( millions of users)
- Full ownership of entire engineering stack required to deliver features and results to business stakeholders and customers
- Collaborate and work with our small knit engineering team in an Agile environment
- Establish good engineering practices and mentoring other team members.
You might be a great fit for the Insightly development team if:
- You are a full-stack engineer / generalist. Experience and (just as important) interest in working in a variety of layers and technologies within a SOA
- A minimum of 5 years experience building web based applications that targets millions of users using an object oriented stack (eg Java or .net).
- Experience with writing code for large, high volume web platforms
- Deep understanding of design patterns, multi-threaded programming, MVC
- Strong experience with SQL server, from schema design to writing complex, -optimized queries
- Experience with distributed version control systems
- AWS experience is a solid plus
You have a track record of significant, specific, and self-directed contributions to large and challenging projects. You lead with humility and confidence. Our engineers have the opportunity (and are expected) to exercise a high degree of leadership and expertise in their daily work, having strongly held and defensible ideas, and advocating for what they believe is right. But they also need to be eager to hear differing opinions, be adept at identifying and evaluating tradeoffs, willing to be proven wrong, and ability to support your teammates.
- Career: We offer a well rounded total rewards package including equity for all employees, 401k, career learning & growth opportunities, comprehensive employer-sponsored health plans.
- Work-life balance: We offer a generous flexible time off policy in addition to paid company holidays.
- A company that cares! Insightly is now a 100% remote first company which includes all of the benefits we provide for our employees to best adapt to the challenges and needs of a digital and dispersed workforce.
- Full IT set up for your home work station (laptop, monitor, keyboard, mouse, monitor stand)
- $250 one-time Ergonomics Stipend for all employees to set up their home office for success and comfort
- Starting January 2022- $50 per month remote work stipend to help you with your remote work needs
- Weekly virtual, instructor led, yoga sessions
- Monthly virtual, instructor led, meditation sessions
- Weekly company newsletters, trivia, Slack challenges, and more!
- Virtual team and company events to keep the party going
- Culture and Values: Diversity, Inclusion, and Support for all employees is vital to Insightly. To do so we have fantastic initiative such as:
- Company wide Women in Tech group which focuses on having female speakers from all backgrounds come and have "fireside chats" with the company on their careers, backgrounds, advice, etc.
- Women in Sales support group which focuses on professional development, community, and career advancement.
- Continual company-wide Diversity and Inclusion training with expert speakers and instructors
- Volunteering options- yes, even while remote!
- Company matched donations to support black and civil rights charities such as NAACP, BLM, ACLU, George Floyd Memorial Fund, Compassion Oakland, Asian Americans Advancing Justice, and more!
- To empower companies to build lasting relationships with their customers.
- We play as a team.
- We are ambitious and think big.
- We strive to make customers happy.
- We build with simplicity not complexity.
Insightly is on a significant growth trajectory with a solid track record and reputable investors. We have concluded a Series C financing round and is backed by Emergence Capital Partners, Cloud Apps Management LC, Sozo Ventures, and TrueBridge Capital Partners.
Insightly is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status.