Key Account Manager
Key Account Manager
About the Key Account Manager Opportunity
Optikos, the largest independent optical engineering group in the world, is seeking a highly motivated Key Account Manager to join their team in Wakefield, MA. Optikos is on a fast growth trajectory and is expanding its US-based key account sales team. The Key Account Manager will have a strong engineering and technical background and be instrumental in driving sales of high-performance optically based product design and development services to customers throughout the US. If you have a love for advancing optical technologies, can understand technically complex applications, and have an insatiable drive to develop new business opportunities, we would love to hear from you.
Why You Should Apply
- Collaborative and team-oriented environment
- Tremendous growth opportunities and an incredible engineering and technical team behind you
- Competitive salary and benefits package including health, dental and vision insurance, 401(k) plan, paid time off, and bonus plan
Key Account Manager Job Responsibilities
- Drive sales of optically based product design and development services and support customers to help achieve a true market advantage
- Ability to identify all key stakeholders and decision makers critical to successfully converting opportunities into orders
- Negotiate, influence, and sell to all levels of an organization
- Manage, maintain, and track data in the company’s CRM
- Organize customer development road trips, attend tradeshows, conferences and other visits
Key Account Manager Requirements
- Bachelor's degree in Photonics-related field (Engineering, Applied Science, Physics) required
- Minimum five (5) years of demonstrated sales growth success in a customer facing role
- Strong technical aptitude and self-starter with ability to develop strong relationships with customers
- Excellent attention to detail and time management; extensive experience working in a multidisciplinary environment
- Effective listening, and excellent communications and interpersonal skills, both written and in presentations
- Ability to travel 25–30% of the time
- U.S. Citizenship or Lawful Permanent Residency (“Green Card” holder) is required
For 40 years, Optikos has provided innovative applications of optical technology, both products and services, to commercial, government, and consumer products organizations worldwide. The Optikos® engineering team is the largest independent optical engineering group in the world, managing all aspects of instrument design–including optics, mechanics, electronics and software systems–in addition to our in-house IQ Lab™ Testing Services to benchmark and assess the performance of customer lens or camera systems. We develop innovative products in the life sciences, aerospace and defense, industrial, automotive and consumer markets, and our experience with a wide variety of applications has enabled our staff to generate creative solutions to some of the most challenging optical problems. Our team continues to improve existing metrology product lines and develop new products that Optikos manufactures and installs around the globe. Our headquarters is centrally located right outside the Boston medical and tech hub in Wakefield, Massachusetts.
Applicants, as well as position incumbents, who become disabled as defined under the Americans with Disabilities Act must be able to perform the essential job functions (as listed) either unaided or with the assistance of a reasonable accommodation to be determined by management on a case by case basis.
Optikos is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity. Applicants for employment and employees are reviewed on their individual qualifications for a position. Under no circumstances will Optikos discriminate against qualified persons on the basis of race, color, religious creed, retaliation, national origin, ancestry, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity/expression, disability, mental illness, genetics, choice of health insurance, marital status, age, veteran status, or any other basis prohibited under applicable law.