Senior Investment Officer at MassPRIM
Senior Investment Officer ‐ Portfolio Completion Strategies (SIO)
MassPRIM (Pension Reserves Investment Management Board), the $104 billion Massachusetts state pension fund, is looking to add a Senior Investment Officer to our growing Portfolio Completion Strategies team.
In this role, the Senior Investment Officer will assist and lead in covering Hedge Funds and in strategizing innovative initiatives. This role requires a self-starter with an abundant curiosity with excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Senior Investment Officer Responsibilities
- Investments & Portfolio (~60%)
- Source and evaluate, new Hedge Funds; actively survey the assigned sub-strategy types; highlight industry trends and regulations.
- Monitor existing investments; investigate and resolve emerging concerns.
- Participate in structuring new investment management agreements.
- Evaluate co-investment opportunities.
- Strategy & Innovation (~30%)
- Explore and recommend new additive investment themes and opportunities.
- Engage internal teams & external domain experts for input and feedback.
- Team Management and Communication (~10%)
- Mentor junior team members.
- Ensure accuracy and completeness in the team’s work products.
- Help manage PCS team’s work priorities, properly delegate.
Senior Investment Officer Qualifications
- Curious about investing in a variety of asset classes.
- Minimum of seven years’ experience evaluating fund investments and/or direct deal investments.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- CPA, CFA, or MBA preferred.
- Working experience in contract execution.
- Knowledge in Statistics preferred.
- Comfortable working both independently and as part of a team.
- Able to independently solve problems.
- Strong business acumen.
The Pension Reserves Investment Management (PRIM) Board manages the assets (~$104 billion) of the Pension Reserves Investment Trust Fund for public employee pension benefits on behalf of Massachusetts State Employees, Teachers, as well as participating retirement systems throughout the Commonwealth of Massachusetts. PRIM’s mission is to generate strong risk-adjusted investment returns that help the Commonwealth meet its pensions obligations and alleviate taxpayer burden. PRIM’s highly experienced, professional investment staff seeks to maximize the return on investment with an acceptable level of risk by broadly diversifying the investment portfolio, capitalizing on economies of scale to achieve cost-effective operations, and providing access to high-quality, innovative investment strategies.
It is the policy of Pension Reserves Management Board to afford equal employment opportunity to all qualified persons regardless of race, color, religious creed, national origin, ancestry, age, military status, sexual orientation, disability, genetic information, gender identity, gender expression or gender unless based upon a bona fide occupational qualification