Investment Analyst at MassPRIM
Investment Analyst/Officer ‐ Public Markets
MassPRIM (Pension Reserves Investment Management Board), the $90+ billion Massachusetts state pension fund, is looking to add an Investment Analyst to support the Public Markets team. The Investment Analyst will be responsible for assisting in the management and oversight of MassPRIM’s Public Markets portfolios. Additionally, a successful candidate will have the opportunity to work closely with other asset class teams to contribute to firmwide initiatives and projects.
Investment Analyst Responsibilities and Duties
The duties and responsibilities of this position include, but are not limited to:
- Portfolio Monitoring: Monitor portfolios to ensure adherence to investment guidelines and objectives. Regularly compile and distribute reports on portfolio exposures and performance.
- Investment Pipeline & Due Diligence: Manage the pipeline of investment opportunities, schedule due diligence meetings with managers, and provide analytical support to the investment process.
- Research & Analysis: Conduct detailed research and analysis on a variety of public equity and fixed income securities and portfolios. Stay informed of relevant market conditions, industry trends, regulatory changes, and company news to assess potential impacts on portfolio holdings and identify new investment opportunities.
- Reporting: Prepare and present investment reports and recommendations to internal and external stakeholders, including detailed analyses, supporting documentation, and risk assessments.
- Relationship Management: Establish and maintain collaborative relationships within the team and with external investment professionals. Represent PRIM effectively while interacting with external investment managers and other industry professionals.
Investment Analyst Minimal Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree demonstrating outstanding academic performance.
- General understanding of Equity and/or Fixed Income markets and investment strategies.
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively and take initiative in a small team environment.
- Outstanding interpersonal and communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Keen awareness of priorities and deadlines, attention to detail, intellectual curiosity, and critical thinking skills.
Investment Analyst Required Qualifications
- A minimum of 2 years of post-undergraduate work or internship experience, preferably within investments, quantitative analysis, computer programming and/or research.
- CFA, or willingness to pursue or progress towards CFA charter.
- Occasional travel.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite; strong Excel skills.
The Pension Reserves Investment Management (PRIM) Board manages the assets ($90+ billion) of the Pension Reserves Investment Trust Fund for public employee pension benefits on behalf of Massachusetts State Employees, Teachers, as well as participating retirement systems throughout the Commonwealth of Massachusetts. PRIM’s mission is to generate strong risk-adjusted investment returns that help the Commonwealth meet its pensions obligations and alleviate taxpayer burden. PRIM’s highly experienced, professional investment staff seeks to maximize the return on investment with an acceptable level of risk by broadly diversifying the investment portfolio, capitalizing on economies of scale to achieve cost-effective operations, and providing access to high-quality, innovative investment strategies.
It is the policy of Pension Reserves Management Board to afford equal employment opportunity to all qualified persons regardless of race, color, religious creed, national origin, ancestry, age, military status, sexual orientation, disability, genetic information, gender identity, gender expression or gender unless based upon a bona fide occupational qualification.