Program Officer for Youth & Families at GWCF
Program Officer for Youth & Families
Greater Worcester Community Foundation (GWCF)
*This is a hybrid position with a minimum of two days onsite per week
*Please submit cover letter with resume when applying
GWCF is seeking a full-time Program Officer for Youth & Families. Reporting to the Director of Grantmaking & Capacity Building, the Program Officer will be responsible for the Foundation’s Youth & Families portfolio, which includes the Scholarship program, the Youth for Community Improvement (YCI) program, and a several grantmaking cycles.
Program Officer Qualifications and Skills
- Bachelor’s degree with 3-5 years related experience
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with the ability to build relationships with all levels of an organization
- Prior experience working with young people
- Highly responsive and proactive team-player with strong problem-solving and decision-making skills
- Must be detail-oriented with strong organizational skills
- Proven ability to manage confidential information with discretion
- Must have demonstrated ability to achieve high performance goals and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, Adobe Acrobat, CRM/database products and social media platforms
- A passion for our community and for improving the lives of others
Why You Should Apply
- Competitive salary and benefits package including medical/dental insurance with generous employer contribution and a 401(k) plan
- Generous paid time off and paid holidays
- Opportunities for career growth and development
Program Officer Job Responsibilities
- Manage the Scholarship Program year-round lifecycle
- Manage all aspects of high volume program including recruitment of candidates, coordinating selection review committees and ensuring accurate data and payment of scholarships
- Lead efforts on program improvements and reporting by conducting evaluation, crafting stories for donors and delivering reports to key stakeholders
- Manage the Youth for Community (YCI) Program
- Manage all aspects of the program including recruitment, selection, curriculum development, and programmatic reporting and evaluation
- Collaborate with work study program coordinator to implement program on Wednesdays from 4-7pm in the fall
- Manage the Youth& Families Grant Portfolio
- Oversee 3-5 grant cycles focused on GWCF’s youth and family’s strategy. Specific tasks include:
- Supporting grantmaking infrastructure by building applications and processes, managing workflows and committees, conducting due diligence, creating reports and ensuring timely decision making, notifications and payments.
- Building and maintaining relationships with volunteers and nonprofits by coaching and providing technical assistance to prospective applicants and preparing volunteers to review applications.
About Greater Worcester Community Foundation
Greater Worcester Community Foundation (GWCF) is a nonprofit grant-making foundation that mobilizes resources to work with community partners to build strong communities. Our work focuses on the critical needs of the community, including early childhood education, health and behavioral health, arts and culture, housing & homelessness as well as nonprofit effectiveness. GWCF is dedicated to fostering a welcoming community for diverse populations and working for racial justice. Our staff is a dedicated team of professionals who strive for high standards of performance. The Foundation models a strong commitment to principles of equity and inclusion, and actively seeks candidates with diverse backgrounds and perspectives.
Greater Worcester Community Foundation is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to building an inclusive and diverse workforce.