HR Advisor (Maternity Cover)
Founded in 1972, Jigsaw was the first premium fashion brand on the high street. Since then, the company has expanded worldwide to work with the finest mills, cutting edge photographers, up-and-coming models and renowned architects. But the search for the best in the industry never stops. As our journey continues, we're looking for passionate and talented people to learn about Style & Truth: a set of values that sets us apart from the rest of the high street, a belief that everyone should feel empowered to embrace their own style, be true to themselves, and not slavishly follow the fashion world. This means putting style before trends and truth before hype. Join the Jigsaw journey.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Responsibilities - Retail: 75% and Head Office: 25%
- Have an intermediate understanding of employment law and current issues; advise team of changes or updates in legislation. Keep up-to-date and understand Company ER policies.
- Review the Staff Handbook to be in line with HR intranet system. Ensure evolution of the handbook by keeping up to date with legislative changes and best employee practice.
- Support disciplinary / grievance investigations and hearings. Ensure decisions are consistent with policy and comply with legal requirement. Escalate sensitive and more complex issues to HR Seniors.
- Management and responsibility for flexible working requests, long term sickness absence, performance management, absence management, disciplinary and grievances across the group.
- Management of probation process for Retail and Head Office, including notifying department heads and managers of approaching probation dates and confirming the outcome via letter to the employee. To support line management with termination of unsuccessful probation periods.
- To provide advice and interpretation on HR policies and procedure to line managers and employees.
- Ensure any changes to terms and conditions of employment are processed accurately and promptly.
- Complete HR metrics for Retail on a by period basis.
- Ensure that 3 month reviews forms are sent out and returned on time.
- Update organisational structure charts on a monthly basis.
- Run reports from the HR database.
- Develop HR administrative service as appropriate.
- Management of the internal HR intranet system, and ensure HR information is maintained and updated, so employees have an active and relevant database.
- Prepare and send out ad hoc comms across the business.
Training and Development
- Update and maintain the ADP performance platform.
- Monitor and ensure performance appraisals, personal development plans and other performance related areas are completed.
- Liaise with apprentice providers and line managers to coordinate and manage apprenticeships for Retail, Head Office and the Warehouse.
- Assist with the design and delivery of T&D initiatives across the business.
- Maintain accurate and up-to-date T&D records. Keep the training log up to date and analyse cost against budget.
- Administer training events, materials and manages delegates.
- Coordinate and support with annual company-wide processes, such as pay reviews, gender pay reporting, employee surveys and other projects.
- Contribute to projects as directed by the HR Manager/Directors/CEO/FD. Write reports as and when required.
- Identify ways in which HR can improve quality of service and process.
BEHAVIOURS FOR SUCCESS
- Attention to detail in all situations
- Must be able to build relationship internally as well as externally
- Energetic and flexible with good teamwork attitude and able to work independently
- Excellent communication skills both oral and written
- Must be able to multi task and prioritise workload effectively
- Maintain 100% confidentiality at all times
- Intermediate understanding of employment law and current issues
- 23 days holidays
- Life Assurance
- Staff discount – up to 50%
- Cycle to work scheme
- Subsidised lunches
- Gym access
- Season ticket loan
- Access to group discounted
- Discounted Tastecard
- Sample sales