Founded in 1972, Jigsaw was the first premium fashion brand on the high street. Since then, the company has expanded worldwide to work with the finest mills, cutting edge photographers, up-and-coming models and renowned architects. But the search for the best in the industry never stops. As our journey continues, we're looking for passionate and talented people to learn about Style & Truth: a set of values that sets us apart from the rest of the high street, a belief that everyone should feel empowered to embrace their own style, be true to themselves, and not slavishly follow the fashion world. This means putting style before trends and truth before hype. Join the Jigsaw journey.
We’re looking for a FABRIC INTERN to join our team.
This role is a 12 months placement starting in July 2019.
Internship, 12 months
Kew Gardens, London
To assist the Fabric trim team in daily tasks and gain insight into the role of Fabric Buyer.
Internal: Fabric Development Team, Design Team, Buying Team, Technical Team.
External: Relevant Suppliers and Factories
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assist team as required across the collection in order to help team meet critical deadlines.
- Ongoing Fabric research essential including:
- Pricing up Fabric hangers received after fabric fairs
- creating and maintaining in season fabric files
- Creating fabric hangers for internal use
- Assist in ordering and co-ordering fabric sampling lengths from mills to factories.
- Updating fabric sampling tracker
- Sending out and chasing lab dips
- Assist in creating and updating fabric boards for meetings and presentations
- Entering fabric information on internal NAV dynamics system
- Sending/collecting parcels/posts as and when required
- Keeping fabric library and department tidy at all times.
- Be present during fittings of collections when required
- Assisting the team with prep for any meetings.
- Participate in discussions as to how we can constantly drive the brand forward and improve our offering.
- Support in all admin and buying duties
REQUIRED SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- Commercial and brand focused
- Passionate and creative about design and product
- Strong and clear communication skills
- Good Organisational Skills
- Creative spirit, problem solving skills
- An overview of what is happening within the industry
- Attention to detail, Proactive nature
- Computer literate with knowledge of excel and word
- 23 days holidays
- Life Assurance
- Staff discount – up to 50%
- Cycle to work scheme
- Subsidised lunches
- Gym access
- Season ticket loan
- Access to group discounted
- Discounted Tastecard
- Sample sales