Junior Graphic Designer
We're looking for a JUNIOR GRAPHIC DESIGNER to join our team.
To work with the Graphic Design team on the design and development of the Jigsaw brand and The Shop at Bluebird. Responsible for assisting and maintaining assets and styling across the site to ensure consistency. The role is heavily weighted to digital design, however the ideal candidate would be comfortable designing for print when required.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• work as part of the creative team alongside the other graphic designers, assisting on the designs for online and instore to help promote and progress the success of The Jigsaw Group.
• design and creation of emails
• design and creation of affiliate and onsite banners
• design and creation of POS marketing material
• crop and artwork images where necessary
• liaise with other departments within the company to supply and adapt design work for social media and other uses
• create mobile and multi-device friendly content for all of the above online content.
• responsible for assisting the Graphic Designer with the maintenance and creation of regularly changing on-site graphics and imagery.
• regularly undertake competitor research, making improvement suggestions.
• assisting when required in design for print including look books, adverts, flyers, in-store POS, postcards and invitations.
• maintain brand guidelines across all channels.
• other adhoc duties within in the team.
BEHAVIOURS FOR SUCCESS
• an appreciation of commercial drivers within fashion and how the design can affect conversion rates
• understanding of the limitations and possibilities within the web development, do not need to create code but do need to understand what is used for what.
• able to work with existing implementations to optimise the look and feel, and user experience.
• the ability to design and create work from concept to fruition.
• adaptable and with the ability to coordinate multiple projects simultaneously.
• strong communication and time-management skills.
• ability to work in a fast-paced environment with a variety of people and personalities.
• work effectively on your own initiative as well as within a team
• excellent organisation skills with the ability to plan, organise and prioritise tasks to meet tight deadlines.
• the ability to be able to artwork print projects
• design degree or similar
• advanced skills in Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign
• exceptional attention to detail and creative thinking.
• a love of fashion and knowledge of trends and designers.
• ability to work well as part of a team
• to know how to design and artwork responsively for desktop/ tablet / mobile
• to know how to artwork print projects
• to be able to use After Effects or similar
• 23 days holidays
• Life Assurance
• Staff discount – up to 50%
• Cycle to work scheme
• Subsidised lunches
• Gym access
• Season ticket loan
• Access to group discounted
• Discounted Tastecard
• Sample sales