Garment Technologist - Multi Product
Founded in 1972, Jigsaw was the first premium fashion brand on the high street. Since then, the company has expanded worldwide to work with the finest mills, cutting edge photographers, up-and-coming models and renowned architects. But the search for the best in the industry never stops. As our journey continues, we're looking for passionate and talented people to learn about Style & Truth: a set of values that sets us apart from the rest of the high street, a belief that everyone should feel empowered to embrace their own style, be true to themselves, and not slavishly follow the fashion world. This means putting style before trends and truth before hype. Join the Jigsaw journey.
We’re looking for a Garment Technologist - Multi Product to join our team.
Garment Technologist - Multi Product
We have a unique opportunity for a talented Garment Technologist to work across both Menswear and Womenswear ranges.
The main responsibility of this role will be to have technical ownership of all aspects of Jigsaw Menswear/Womenswear. To ensure that the optimum fit, construction and quality is achieved cross all garment categories, whilst maintaining continuity of sizing in the application of grading.
Building close relationships with our suppliers to ensure best practices our achieved and maintained, and where necessary initiate the setup of new systems.
Work closely alongside product developer and production manager by monitoring all stages of the garment life-cycle in line with the critical path.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Work alongside Design team playing an integral role in the development process providing accurate technical information for all new style developments which are an essential tool to follow the garment from development through production
- Manage the production cycle in conjunction with the Product Developer and Production Manager in order to ensure deadlines will be met in a timely manner for both sampling and production.
- Clear communication with suppliers and team, building professional business relationships
- Work alongside product developer/production manager to ensure all sample comments reach all suppliers in a timely manner in order to meet critical path deadlines for meeting dates
- Work in conjunction with Pattern Cutter on CMT styles on fittings and ensuring fit comments are completed in accordance with critical path deadlines
- Compile and manage garment spec packs for all styles in the collection in conjunction with production manager/product developer
- Book Male models, manage and oversee fittings for all samples and sealers
- Fit garments and production sealers with design: Product Developers pass clear and concise fit and make comments on product to factories including grading rules to ensure garments are fit for purpose. Try to ensure that design changes exist only at first fit stage.
- Responsible for fit comments for all areas for sampling and the creation of all graded tech packs for production and share responsibility to design giving samples into work for these areas
- Approval of pre-production and production samples to ensure highest commercial standard. Challenging where technical limitations exist offering technical solutions.
- Advise Production Manager and Product Developer immediately should any critical problems arrive during either the sampling or production process in order that a solution can be found.
- Factory visits as required to implement and monitor product and quality standards and critical path
- Complete factory visits when required to monitor project sampling and production. To be planned in advance
- Quality inspection of all pre-shipped samples
- Responsibility for the supply base achieving and maintaining a quality throughout the product lifecycle
- Manage test report process within the limitations set by the company and find solutions for control of performance where testing is not feasible. Approve all wash-care labels ensuring this is communicated to the relevant department
- Check production samples received from the warehouse according to the approved sealer
- Update production director and production manager/product developer regarding supply base developments such as new manufacturing processes, new garment finishes and interesting details observed while on trips. Document all this information in such a way that a detailed history of each supplier can be built up over time and can be shared with the Group as required.
- Responsibilities for collating technical and quality control feedback from customers/stores/web feedback via MW production and design
REQUIRED SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- Education in Fashion Design or Fashion Technical
- Pattern Cutting Knowledge
- Experience working in a similar role within the industry
- 5 years experience as a multi product Garment Technologist covering Men's and Womenswear
- Previous ‘brand experience’
- Experience in travelling to factories UK/Abroad
Staff discount – up to 50%
Cycle to work scheme
Season ticket loan
Access to group discounted