Founded in 1972, Jigsaw was the first premium fashion brand on the high street. Since then, the company has expanded worldwide to work with the finest mills, cutting edge photographers, up-and-coming models and renowned architects. But the search for the best in the industry never stops. As our journey continues, we're looking for passionate and talented people to learn about Style & Truth: a set of values that sets us apart from the rest of the high street, a belief that everyone should feel empowered to embrace their own style, be true to themselves, and not slavishly follow the fashion world. This means putting style before trends and truth before hype. Join the Jigsaw journey.
We’re looking for a DESIGN INTERN to join our team until September 2020.
To assist the Design Team in daily tasks and gain insight into the role of a designer
Internal: Design Team, Buying Team including Fabric Development Team
External: Relevant Suppliers & Factories
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assist team as required across the collection in order to help team meet critical deadlines.
- CADING up designs for presentations (using illustrator and photoshop)
- Contribute to research for the theme, fabric and colour for the collection
- Assist in compilation of Tech Packs on excel
- Assist in keeping the Colour palettes up to date
- Assist in keeping fabric qualities in order
- Assist with keeping samples in order
- Show awareness of key competitors
REQUIRED SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- Passionate and creative about design and product
- Strong and clear communication skills
- Good Organisational Skills
- Creative spirit, problem solving skills
- An awareness of what is happening within the industry
- Attention to detail, Proactive nature, ideally experienced in handling issue tracking tools, customer databases, customer interaction, technology and other computer systems, as well as the ability to learn new systems quickly.
- 23 days holidays
- Life Assurance
- Staff discount – up to 50%
- Access to Perkbox – Jigsaw’s benefits provider
- Eye care vouchers.
- Cycle to work scheme.
- Free parking.
- Subsidised lunches - £3 per day with our personal chefs.
- Gym access - with a personal trainer on Wednesdays.
- Season ticket loan.
- Sample sales.