Senior Software Engineer
At INRIX, our mission is to help the world avoid global gridlock by empowering cities, drivers, and businesses around the globe. We are a company filled with people who are passionate about our customers and building products to keep the world moving smarter, safer, more efficiently and greener. We harness an unmatched collection of historic and real-time global GPS data from connected cars, fleet vehicles, and mobile devices to provide complex analysis across huge data sets with ambitious lead times. Our customers include cities, states, countries, and enterprise corporations.
Do you want to be at the heart of turning raw location-based data into insights and action? Our team is at the core of many of the products that INRIX delivers. We’re looking for senior software engineers that can play a big role in both real-time and historical speed and mobility data calculation systems. One who relishes the challenges of computing data at scale, takes pride in building robust systems, and loves to learn and keep up with the latest cloud computing technology.
INRIX has multiple positions and teams we are hiring for. We will use your background and interests to guide you to the position that fits you best.
What you’ll do:
- Work as part of a small team building and testing scalable, reliable, and efficient data driven systems. Be more than a team player, but a leader.
- Seeing the big picture, be able to make judgment calls and decisions for the company’s sake and with a customer lens and empathy.
- Keep up with technology and love to make things better because that’s the right thing to do, not because you’re told.
- Use your Design Experience to do more than just code what’s given to you. We want people who can create thoughtful, efficient, and durable designs that operate at large scale, run reliably and efficiently.
- Work on high profile systems that make a substantial impact to the company's bottom line.
- Work with partner teams to regularly deploy and monitor these systems to ensure optimum up time with minimal impact to customers.
- We’re a small company with a broad reach and must think creatively to make things efficient, deal with the variabilities of the real world, and solve customer problems. Got ideas? We want to hear them.
- Software Engineer with 6+ years of experience in production level software development, architecture, and design.
- Solid coding skills C# or Java, Java preferred.
- Experience with Spark, Hadoop, Kafka, MapReduce or other big data technologies experience highly desirable.
- Solid DB skills (relational, document and key-value) and SQL-like languages would be a plus.
- Experience developing high scale, REST based APIs that are performant for internal and external data delivery.
- Experience with one or more of the following would also be beneficial.
- AWS services like Kinesis, RDS, Elasticache, S3, Athena, Data pipeline, Glue, Lambda, EMR, Spark, EC2, ECS, CloudWatch or Elastic Beanstalk
- Jenkins or similar tools would also be a plus
- Experience with software development best practices: CI/CD, containerization, cloud technologies and microservices
- A team player - we highly regard collaboration but we also want to see leadership among our senior people.
- Bachelor or advanced degree in computer science, mathematics, or related discipline.
- Work with an amazing team with a focus on being the best and making the world a better place.
- Help solve complex real-world problems with big data.
- Ranked as one of the top places to work in the Seattle area.
- Competitive Salary, benefits, and 401K matching.
- Open vacation policy, it’s unlimited and always has been.
- Plethora of snacks, drinks, lunches, and opportunities for folks to get to know other people in the company.
- A boat on Lake Washington. You get your license, and we’ll pay for the gas.
- The people and passion. Meet and work with people that are smart, helpful, and love what they’re doing and geek out on it.
- The opportunity to make a big impact to both the company and our customers.
- Are you ready to join a different kind of company? Exciting things are happening all the time. Come join us!