Have you ever wondered where the traffic news you hear on the radio or see on your sat nav comes from?
The INRIX team of Traffic Data Editors supplies real-time traffic incident and congestion data to 99% of commercial radio as well as the BBC in the UK and a host of household names in the automotive industry such as Ford and Garmin. Our international team also supplies data to over 200 television stations in the United States.
We have full-time opportunities available at our global data centre in Quinton, Birmingham, UK. Successful applicants will gather data from information sources including traffic cameras, police, CCTV control rooms, highway authorities and social media and manage it using our custom-built incident mapping software.
We’re looking for candidates who can deliver quality, timely information, under pressure. No two days are the same and we work 24/7/365 to keep the public informed of what’s happening on UK, European and North American road networks. You'll be taking calls from all over the country, keeping an eye on hundreds of 'jam cams' and using the latest technology to help keep the roads moving. Don’t worry if you aren’t familiar with the road network as full training will be provided.
INRIX is an internationally successful company and provides its employees with resources that are second to none. We are a close-knit team and work in a professional yet friendly environment.
£10.50 per hour (day rate) / £11.60 per hour (night rate 10pm-6am)
INRIX is also pleased to offer the following benefits:
- Potential annual performance-related bonus of up to 5% of your salary
- Free tea, coffee, cereal, fruit and snacks
- Employee Assistance Programme including mental health wellbeing and access to face-to-face counselling
- Free on-site parking and access to free EV charge point if required
- Free eye test and contribution towards glasses if needed for DSE use.
- The ability to work at least 8 shifts per month of various day parts (mornings, afternoons, overnights and weekends)
- Client-focused approach
- Ability to remain calm and work quickly under pressure
- Be able to interpret data from multiple web-based sources as well as taking inbound and outbound calls relating to traffic incidents
- The ability to prioritise a range of incidents and handle a busy workload across four screens
- Ability to problem-solve and use judgement and initiative
- Experience using online mapping and Microsoft Office software
- Journalistic knowledge (desirable)
- Detailed knowledge of Tweetdeck (desirable)
- Understanding of UK road networks (desirable)
Please apply via the Jobvite link and include a covering letter stating your available hours and reasons as to why you would be perfect for the role.
You must be able to commute to Quinton Business Park, B32 1AF.
Equality of opportunity is at the heart of our recruitment process. You’ll be judged on your suitability for the job and nothing else.