Optical Engineer, Senior Staff
The successful candidate will be part of a development team and responsible for all aspects of engineering design and productization. Responsibilities include the design of integrated photonic components, mask layout, testing and characterization of the resulting components, qualification of the components/integrated circuits, and transferring to the production team.
- A strong understanding of PLC, silicon photonics, semiconductor physics, optical component design, fabrication and test.
•a proven record in at least one of the following areas : integrated waveguide devices like wavelength Mux/DeMux, polarization components, or mode converters.
- Familiarity or direct experience in optical I/O like fiber array-PLC or PLC-PIC alignment/connection.
•Use of optical simulation software to design optical devices, and generate GDS level mask data for device fabrication.
•Familiarity or direct experience in the standard Si/CMOS/MEMS/PLC process technologies required for fabrication and integration of optical devices.
- Experience or ability to work with CM and/or foundry partners. Strong FA and root cause analysis skill may be required.
•Direct experience in device characterization and testing as required in the development environment.
•Ability to work with a large body of data and the necessary statistical analysis tools, and the ability to present the data and ideas to a diverse audience.
- Effective communication and presentation
- Team player
Desired Personal Characteristics
- Hands-on, roll-up-the-sleeves personality. Able and interested in the basics and the high strategic level, and everything in between. Not afraid to get hands dirty, and easily able to transition from soup to nuts.
- Action-Oriented. A proactive self-starter with an exceptional degree of confidence and commitment who does not require constant nudging to move programs forward or effectively complete their execution. High quality performance-oriented.
- Effective team player. Able to collaborate cross-functionally and globally. Strong consensus-building skills.
Education and Experience
Ph.D. or MSEE in Electrical Engineering, 5 + years of experience in Photonics or a related discipline with emphasis in photonic integration or packaging. Industrial experience is strongly desired.