Optical Engineer, Staff
The successful candidate will be part of a development team and responsible for all aspects of engineering design and productization. Responsibilities include the design of integrated photonic components, mask layout, testing and characterization of the resulting components, qualification of the components/integrated circuits, and transferring to the production team.
- A strong understanding of silicon photonics, semiconductor physics, optical component design, fabrication and test.
•a proven record in at least one of the following areas : semiconductor optical devices such as tunable lasers, detectors, modulators and other integrated waveguide devices.
•Use of optical and electronic modeling and simulation software to design electro-optical devices, and generate GDS level mask data for device fabrication.
•Familiarity or direct experience in the standard Si/CMOS/MEMS process technologies required for fabrication and integration of electrical and optical devices. Experience of 2.5/3D integration in optical platform is a plus.
•Direct experience in device characterization and testing as required in the development environment. High speed testing background is preferred.
•Ability to work with a large body of data and the necessary statistical analysis tools, and the ability to present the data and ideas to a diverse audience.
- Effective communication and presentation
- Team player. Expected to work with cross-functional team.
Desired Personal Characteristics
- Hands-on, roll-up-the-sleeves personality. Able and interested in the basics and the high strategic level, and everything in between. Not afraid to get hands dirty, and easily able to transition from soup to nuts.
- Action-Oriented. A proactive self-starter with an exceptional degree of confidence and commitment who does not require constant nudging to move programs forward or effectively complete their execution. High quality performance-oriented.
- Flexibility. Responsibility changes from time to time depending on the priority of the team and company. The person is expected to catch up with the new responsibility quickly and execute.
- Effective team player. Able to collaborate cross-functionally and globally.
Education and Experience
Ph.D. in Electrical Engineering, Photonics or a related discipline with emphasis in high speed optical components or equivalently. Industrial experience is strongly desirable.