Game Designer - Tribal Wars
Since 2003 our game Tribal Wars has been delivering an extraordinary Strategy MMO experience to its players and community. Assist us in upholding this tradition and bringing Innovation to a retro game which has become loved from the first sight for millions of players!
We offer you the chance to join our international cross-functional team as a Game Designer and become part of our talented Game Design society at InnoGames! You will be responsible for designing unique game content as well as balancing of a complex in-game economy, being the link between numbers and a great player experience.
- Feature design. Evaluate, iterate and design game features.
- Economy design. Develop, change and maintain the game´s balancing.
- Innovation. Be up-to-date on new trends / practices in the games industry and share them with our team.
- Collaboration. Cooperate closely with the leadership team (product and community management).
Your skill set:
- Passion. You are passionate about playing and designing free-to-play strategy games.
- Professional expertise. You gained professional experience in the gaming industry, ideally working on free-to-play / strategy / browser games.
- F2P focus. You like deconstructing free-to-play games and you can design free-to-play game mechanics / economics.
- Data-driven. You are experienced in shaping game features, balancing and monetization based on metrics.
- User-orientation. You are motivated to create a great user experience, and you see the importance of elegant UI in a menu-driven game.
- Information sharing. You are well-versed in documenting designs and technical features.
- Presentation. Your excellent communication skills highlight your competence working in an international/English-speaking team.
- Community-driven. You know how to design meaningful multiplayer features
- Creativity. You think creatively, analytically and sometimes out-of-the-box to model fun and simple game features.
- Artistic talent. You can prepare sketches & mockups of graphics which need to be implemented into the game.
- Tooling. You are not shy about interacting with Game Engineers. Ideally, you are open to programming, scripting and integrating content into games yourself.
- Theoretical knowledge. You have finalized your studies in a relevant area (Game Design, Computer Science, Psychology, Analytics, etc.).
- Sustainability. You want to become a better Game Designer day-by-day.
- Career opportunities. Level up your career with excellent development opportunities such as InnoVersity trainings, mentoring, and peer support.
- Team of specialists. Shape the success story of InnoGames and be a part of our international team of professionals in a stable growing company and award-winning employer.
- Outstanding benefits. Get competitive compensation as well as 28 vacation days, a sabbatical, mobile device, contribution to your public transport ticket, and more.
- Flexible working hours. We offer trust-based working hours and active-breaks - play table tennis with your team, work out in our gym or go to our rooftop terrace to get some fresh air.
- Hybrid Working Model. We offer our colleagues the flexibility to choose between working from home and our modern offices in central Hamburg. With regular times planned together in the office, we keep up our unique InnoGames spirit!
- Solution orientation. We are offering an atmosphere to empower creative thinking and strong results.
- Team events. Participate in regular (virtual) team events (e.g., curling, cooking, paintball), barbecue together on our rooftop terrace, and enjoy regular company-get-togethers.
- Food & drinks. We offer free drinks and fresh fruit to contribute to your health and well-being; enjoy the meals delivered by our in-house canteen or cook on your own in one of our employee kitchens.
- Relocation assistance. If you are interested in relocating to Hamburg/Germany, we will help you relocate to Hamburg/Germany regarding all the needed resources.
- Comfy offices. Learn more about our charms and benefits in our virtual office tour.
InnoGames is Germany’s leading developer and publisher of mobile and online games. The company based in Hamburg is best known for Forge of Empires, Elvenar and Tribal Wars. InnoGames’ complete portfolio encompasses seven live games and several mobile titles in production.
Born as a hobby, InnoGames today has a team of 400 employees from more than 30 nations who share the passion of creating unique games that players across the globe enjoy for years. In order to further expand our success and to realize new projects, we are constantly looking for young talents, experienced professionals, and creative thinkers.
Excited to start your journey with InnoGames and join our dynamic team as a Game Designer? We look forward to receiving your application including your letter of motivation through our online application form. Maximilian Kaeding would be happy to answer any questions you may have.