Manufacturing Technician - Machining
The Manufacturing Technician - Machining will be a key team member responsible for the manufacturing process. They will interpret and produce work from complex product drawings, manuals, specifications & work instructions to produce high-quality reciprocating gas engines. They may be required to perform and/or support all functions of the manufacturing of gas engines. They will do this in compliance with our Environmental Health & Safety standards.
- Perform the most critical machine duties to produce high quality parts, fixtures and basic tooling including: set up and operation of any machine tool in the shop.
- Work within close tolerances and various materials with complex designs to perform the machining, assembly and finishing of components needed for engine production and service parts.
- Create programs to control the operation sequence and cycling of computer numerically controlled (CNC) machines which may include working with multiple machines and machining centres.
- Program correct operational sequence, tooling change, axis movement of carriage of head and cycle speeds, etc., develop programs from specifications/schematics/blueprints.
- Use jigs, fixtures and other equipment in performance of duties.
- Perform Non-destructive testing, grinding and other operations in support of all machining products.
- Perform equipment and machinery preventative maintenance work, including but not limited to coolant and lubrication application to machinery and minor repairs
- Calibrate gauges and measuring equipment and perform general maintenance and repair of hand tools, specialized tools, equipment and fixtures.
- Follow maintenance schedules and perform equipment inspections to ensure proper and safe operation.
- Provide coaching and expertise to other team members by sharing expertise and working as a team to meet common business objectives.
- Identify continuous improvement opportunities to drive efficiency and cost savings.
- High school diploma and a combination of relevant experience.
- Basic technical aptitude including but not limited to: computers, math, machining, assembly, fabrication, CNC machine operation and general manufacturing principles.
- Willingness and ability to work flexible hours/shifts.
- Ability to meet physical and cognitive demands assessment.
- Ability to lift a minimum weight of 40 lbs.
- Team player who is accountable for team’s success: delivering business targets and responsibility for decisions and outcomes.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills with the ability to give and receive feedback.
- Ability to work in a self-directed environment.
- Willingness to learn new skills and perform a variety of tasks and roles within the manufacturing process and teach and coach other team members.