Senior Sales Manager New Units
SENIOR SALES MANAGER – NEW UNITS
Waukesha North America Sales Manager will be part of the Waukesha North America new engines sales team, responsible for Waukesha commercial efforts in North America. This role is critical to the Waukesha business, where most global Waukesha orders are placed. Engaging key end user accounts is key to grow Waukesha orders. The role will work closely with end users to prioritize opportunities, build pipeline and convert orders. This role will be part of the extended Waukesha new units sales team in North America and report into the North America Waukesha sales leader.
- Primary responsibilities will encompass identifying, building relations and managing key O&G end-user accounts
- Candidate will develop and implement an end-user account strategy and engage them to understand – a) Their organization, i.e. identifying decision-makers and influencers and cultivating appropriate relationships, b) Current and upcoming projects, timelines and opportunities for positioning Waukesha engines for these projects, c) Specific customer needs/issues to be resolved on past/on-going projects to help position Waukesha better for future growth opportunities
- Candidate will then work closely with Commercial Operations, Marketing and Product Line teams to develop and align products & commercial offerings to help competitively position Waukesha products on projects with key end-users. This role will integrate with local and global peer network to leverage best practices.
- Monitor, maintain and deliver strategic market intelligence on a regular basis to help formulate and drive end-user business development strategy to secure orders for new product opportunities
- Participate in regional pacing calls with assigned Channel Partners, packagers and key accounts. Interface with Regional Business Operations and Finance teams and support sales leader to provide monthly and quarter orders commitments and associated updates in salesforce.com.
- Act as a factory liaison for product questions between end customer and local / HQ resources to support project development cycle.
- Expand product visibility and awareness with end customers by participating in regional product and industry conferences, hosting customer events, and supporting regional marketing and communications activities
- Support project-specific risk reviews in conjunction with Commercial Operations including R / EDRM Process
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE & SKILLS
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering or Business
- Minimum of 15 years of commercial experience (sales or business development) with high speed reciprocating or rotating equipment in the midstream O&G Compression Industry, including commercial experience managing end customer accounts
- Strong industry relationships with key end-users in the midstream O&G industry
- Executive-level relationships with key decision-makers at end-user accounts
- Ability to travel up to 50% (within North America; mainly weekdays)
- Self-starter, entrepreneurial, driven, outcome/mission oriented personality with the ability to work with limited supervision
- Customer focus mindset with proven ability to respond quickly to customer needs
- Persuasive skills to influence the decision-making process; Ability to clearly present and articulate a value proposition
- Well-developed business acumen and ability to communicate effectively at all levels
- Ability to effectively identify and qualify prospects in new market areas
- Strong technical aptitude and proven ability to sell a technical solution
- Working knowledge of business finance and experience selling products that require capital budgeting. Ability to quickly assess the financial willingness of a customer to undertake a project
- Ability to multitask and manage various activities simultaneously
- Strong commercial and organizational skills
- Previous reciprocating gas engine or rotary equipment new product and services sales experience (preferably Waukesha Products)
- Previous experience with aftermarket reciprocating service sales
- Strong Analytical Skills (Experience in MS Office, Outlook, and Excel)
- Legally authorized to work in the United States without visa sponsorship
This candidate can be based in one of the following locations: Dallas or Houston (preferred), OR San Antonio, Austin, Tulsa, Oklahoma City
INNIO offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. INNIO is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, gender (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, veteran status or any other characteristics protected by law.