Lead Manufacturing Engineer: Assembly
In this role, you will:
Act as a Manufacturing Engineering Specialist in assembly to follow an individual work plan, meet day-to-day product, process and equipment short-term objectives, and resolve issues through immediate action or short-term planning. They will provide technical expertise for engine product lines: 275GL+, VHP, VGF and the paint and test cells.
At INNIO, we offer you:
- An innovative and international connected working environment
- Flexible working model and structure
- Comprehensive benefits package
- Tuition reimbursement
- Company matched RRSP program
- Onsite gym facility
- An upbeat atmosphere with a collaborative cross-functional team
In this position, you will be responsible for:
- Develop manufacturing processes for New Product Introduction (NPI), documenting process changes, driving process and fixture improvements, driving lead and cycle time improvements, cost of quality (COQ), and Environment, Health, & Safety (EHS) actions.
- Assess, address and validate tool and equipment needs to facilitate safe, timely and cost-effective production of gas reciprocating engine lines for existing product lines and NPIs.
- Support budgetary requirements and work with vendors, team members and suppliers to ensure on time, cost effective delivery of products and processes.
- Participate in EHS and LEAN initiatives and use Six Sigma tools for process improvements.
- Work with Manufacturing Technicians to develop and implement improvements to reduce costs using continuous improvement processes.
- Manage multiple projects by providing scheduling, resource management, budget control, and EHS compliance.
- Interface with manufacturing, sales, marketing, and other support teams to complete projects to meet EHS, production, quality, cost savings, and new product development goals within schedule and budget.
- Assure that all engineering designs and technical data are complete and accurately documented to provide an accurate technical / historical base for future reference and to meet customer / end user requirements.
- Work with cross-functional teams to ensure the development of Manufacturing Execution System (MES) methodology across Assembly areas.
- Past probationary period (internal candidates).
- Associate Mechanical Engineering diploma or Bachelor of Science Degree in Mechanical/Industrial Engineering from an accredited college or university and/or 10+ years of manufacturing operations experience.
- Lean Six Sigma training or equivalent quality training.
- Ability to support 2 shift operations.
- Minimum 3 – 5 years of manufacturing engineering experience.
- Prior experience with Lean Manufacturing.
- Strong organizational and project management skills.
- Ability to handle diverse activities simultaneously and support a self-directed teaming environment.
- Strong interpersonal, technical, oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to analyze problems, identify root causes, and provide efficient solutions.
- Ability to communicate effectively and contribute to team projects while supporting the development of technical expertise within the team.