The work will include the data analysis from different specimen material tests (static tension, LCF, TMF) in order to prepare inputs for the cyclic stress-strain model optimization as well as validating created lifing curves (Manson- Coffin, SWT, Ostergreen, TMF based) in FEA environment by simulating and comparing results toward real component tests (accelerated TMF cylinder head).
You will learn:
- Fundamentals of Internal Combustion Engine
- FEM and its application in assessing the LCF/TMF life of the cylinder heads
- Non-linear material behavior of cast irons
- Process of transferring material tests data into simulation environment
- Optimization strategies
It would be possible to write your bachelor/master thesis.
- Principal knowledge of material science in particular metals (material properties, understanding of tensile static, LCF, HCF tests)
- Basic knowledge about FEA Methods and Software (i.e. Ansys, Abaqus)
- Basic knowledge in programming and data analysis (Python scripting desired)
- Good command of English
- Enthusiastic, engaged and willing to learn