Human Resources Generalist
In this role, you will:
Act as the Human Resources Manager is the first point of contact for employees located locally in Welland, Ontario along with employees located throughout Canada. They will provide counsel, coaching and support on HR fundamentals and employee questions. This role is critical in executing key HR initiatives, providing available and responsive internal employee support, and driving HR functional excellence and process improvement. They will also act as the HR Manager of record for defined client groups.
In this role, you will be responsible to:
- Provide dedicated coaching, guidance and administration support to managers and employees with specific focus on HR programs and process training, employee relations management, disability management, performance management, career development, talent assessment, acquisition and retention
- Provide employees and managers with an available first point of contact for questions and guidance on fundamental HR topics and issues and escalate concerns beyond their scope to the HR Regional leader or HR Business Partner.
- Partner with HR Business Partners and Organization Talent & Development professionals to execute business-specific HR strategies and programs.
- Ensure that all employee relations issues are properly identified, reported, investigated and resolved in a timely manner.
- Provide advice and counsel to managers and employees to ensure consistent application and of policies, procedures and practices at 100% compliance to promote an ethical and compliant work environment.
- Lead key HR processes including compensation planning and compliance, people metric reporting and data analysis, immigration and expat support, recruiting support and timely HRIS information updates.
- Conduct HR training and support for functional processes: Salary Planning, New Employee Orientation and New Manager Assimilation, Succession planning, Performance Development and Leadership development.
- Maintain and protect confidential data with utmost scrutiny, judgment, accuracy and care.
- Conduct investigations including gathering, preserving, documenting and analyzing all available information and evidence, and making recommendations to the business on disciplinary action.
- Lead other site-wide HR projects as necessary, working across multiple client groups.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university or college in a related area or a high school graduate/GED or equivalent with at least 5 years of relevant HR experience.
- Minimum 3 years of related professional work experience as an HR Manager or equivalent
- Experience with ADP WFN (Workforce Now) and Workday
- Passionate, employee advocate who wants to make a difference in the organization by enabling diversity and inclusion and helping employees succeed.
- Approachable and responsive resource able to connect with employees at all levels and work in a complex matrix and flat organization.
- Desires employee-facing work; with a strong customer service focus and a high level of responsiveness.
- Supportive team player with a strong drive to create a positive work environment and able to diffuse tense situations.
- Applies solid judgment ensuring integrity, compliance, & confidentiality.
- Strong interest in innovative HR solutions and process improvement with the ability to maneuver ambiguous situations to drive positive outcomes.
- Understanding of HR concepts and principles with expertise in a specialty area such as talent development, staffing, analytics, facilitation, etc.
- Strong problem-solving skills; ability to make independent decisions, manage conflicting priorities in a fast-paced environment.
- Sound knowledge of local labor laws and government requirements and employee relations.
- Detailed-oriented with excellent organizational & documentation skills with a bias for action.
- Professional Human Resources /Senior Professional Human Resources certification an asset.
- Travel to other sites may be required <10% of the time.