Senior Engineer - Performance Engineering
As the Senior Performance Development Engineer, you will work in a global engineering team to improve the performance and emissions of gas engines using simulation and testing. You will lead and contribute to performance activities on new product and new technology development programs as well as lead improvement initiatives in the Performance team. Development activities will include the further improvement of rich burn and lean burn engines for gas compression and power generation applications. Performance initiatives include the creation and improvement of processes, tools, and skills in our global team and providing technical expertise and leadership during technical reviews.
- Engineering work for gas engine development projects focusing on performance (power, efficiency, emissions, cost, transient behavior, etc.) and operating strategies.
- Definition and execution of engine tests (single cylinder and multi-cylinder engines) concerning mixture preparation, gas exchange, combustion, turbocharging, etc. including interpretation and documentation of the results.
- Definition and execution of corresponding 1D simulation and co-simulation.
- Create and improve internal development, validation, and calibration processes and strategies to increase speed, robustness, and efficiency of product release.
- Lead and provide the technical direction to projects.
- Effectively communicate and provide recommendations through the analysis, preparation, and presentation of technical data.
- Provide technical guidance, direction, and training to new and inexperienced engineers and technicians.
- Close cooperation with controls, design, mechanical engineering, sales, marketing, and service.
- Provide technical consultation to cross-functional teams throughout engineering to improve or resolve manufacturing, supplier, or field issues.
- Bachelor or Master of science in mechanical engineering or similar
- Organizational skills required to manage multiple projects and technical project personnel
- Strong interpersonal skills to lead in a global matrix organization
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Strong analysis and problem-solving skills
- 15+ years’ experience in engine testing and/or 1D simulation
- 10+ years’ experience in new product development with complex engine control systems
- Demonstrated proficiency in simulation and modeling of engine and engine control systems using GT-Power and Simulink (or equivalent).
- Experience working with CFD team to setup model and interpret results, including cold flow and combustion.
- Experience with creation and analysis of Design of Experiments including regression analysis.
- Demonstrated leadership in defining the state of the art, along with the ability to teach and set standard practices related to engine testing and calibration.
- Experience with DAQ setup, programming, and troubleshooting.
- Experience with automated engine testing and calibration.
- Experience with the following software: AVL suite (PUMA, IndiCom, Concerto), Gamma Technologies GT-Suite, Mathworks Matlab & Simulink, StatEase Design Expert, ETAS INCA, MS Office
INNIO offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. INNIO is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, gender (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, veteran status or any other characteristics protected by law.