Chief Field Service Technician (m/f)
The Field Service Technician will perform hands-on field service work on Jenbacher Gas Engines, including but not limited to commissioning, troubleshooting, periodic maintenance, and minor overhaul and run on either natural gas or a variety of other gases (e.g., biogas, landfill gas, coal mine gas, sewage gas, combustible industrial waste gases).
- Execute service on the engines in compliance with the maintenance protocol. For example checking oil, replace filters and valves and diverse types of measurements.
- carry out minor repairs on the engine additional to the planed service
- execute major service on the engine in cooperation with colleagues in compliance with the protocol for major service
- Coordinate the task with external suppliers who provide specialist duties
- Monitor activities of the maintenance compliant to the EHS protocol
- analyse failures on the engines in the specialism of Mechanics, electronics and the associated software systems. Check historical data of the engine;
- Troubleshooting engines on the field of Electronics and mechanics
- Create a visit reports of the site regarding reason for visit, symptoms, actions, use of materials, parts and hours, the result and if needed follow-up actions
- Create a report on common faults and describe the background of this fault;
- ensure that a basic set of spare parts are in the van, ensure that the materials are approved and have a clean working environment
- Work effectively as part of a team of technicians or independently
- Process timesheets, expense reports, Environmental Health and Safety (EHS) forms, and job reports in a timely manner
- Comply with all EHS policies and procedures to ensure a safe and productive work site
- Perform others duities as assigned
- 2 years of reciprocating engine experience preferred
- Experience as car mechanic, car electrician, and electrician
- Technician or higher
- Strong electrician and IT skills
- PLC knowledge
- Familiar with Jenbacher reciprocating gas/diesel engines
- Able to understand and implement technical procedures
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Effective interpersonal and organizational skills
- Strong customer focus
- Able to effectively interact with customers
- Strong computer skills
- Available for extensive travel, up to 70%.
- Possess a valid driver's license.
- Ability to meet and maintain insurability standards to drive a company vehicle