Automation Controls Engineer (12 Month Fixed Term)
In this role, you will:
Act as the Automation Controls Engineer (12 Month Fixed Term) to drive the business manufacturing applications initiative for INNIO by leveraging the strategic digitalization platform, to deliver a solution that can communicate across the manufacturing critical applications and processes. They will be a key member of the INNIO – Welland Factory Support team.
At INNIO, we offer you:
- An innovative and international connected working environment
- Flexible working model and structure
- Onsite gym facility
- An upbeat atmosphere with a collaborative cross-functional team
In this role, you will be responsible for:
- Working with the Production and Technical team that collect, store, transfer, and display information to improve operational and business decisions to bring lasting value to the company.
- Working closely with various Functional Leaders, as well as capture the lessons learned from the assembly line and convert them into meaningful representation.
- Working with stakeholders on the accuracy of the project deliverables and complete various tasks as required by the project.
- Solid understanding and experience with PLCs, HMI and Networking.
- Working experience with any ERP system, its database and functional areas.
- Knowledge of OEE(Overall Equipment Efficiency) and Machine management systems.
- Working with cross-functional teams (Engineering, Assembly, Machine, Materials, Maintenance, etc.) to deliver the end product.
- Prioritizing continuously by the understanding and validation of site problems and needs.
- Demonstrating expert level skill in problem decomposition and the ability to navigate through ambiguity.
- Engaging frequently (80%) with the development team; facilitate discussions, provide clarification, story acceptance, and refinement, testing, and validation; contribute to design activities and decisions.
- Conducting customer and stakeholder interviews and elaborate on personas.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering or Computer Science, or demonstrated technical experience in a high speed manufacturing environment.
- A minimum of 5 years of professional experience in production systems and TPM.
- Solid knowledge of databases, networking and PLC integration.
- Demonstrates the initiative to explore alternate technology and approaches to solving problems.
- Skilled in breaking down problems, documenting problem statements, and estimating efforts.
- Has the ability to analyze the impact of technology choices.
- Demonstrates knowledge of technical topics, such as caching, APIs, data transfer, scalability, and security.
INNIO welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.