Senior Technical Expert - Mechanical Design and Development (m/f/d)
This position is for an industry-recognized Senior Technical Expert - Mechanical Design and Development (m/f/d) in the design, development, validation, and problem solving for medium- and high-speed industrial engines. In this role, you will have the opportunity to execute technical work, grow the team’s technical capabilities, assist in defining future INNIO products, leads major technical projects and initiatives with broad scope and high impact to the business.
What INNIO offers you:
- An innovative and international working environment
- Flexible working time model (depending on position and role)
- Health We Care Program – including company sport activities
- Moving cost support for new employees in accordance with policy
- Good connections to public transport – station in direct proximity
- Transportation cost support in accordance with policy
- One of the best canteens in the area with healthy and various meals
- Attractive location in the heart of the alps which provides various outdoor sport and other leisure possibilities
INNIO was awarded the Platin Medal from EcoVadis in 2022 for our outstanding sustainability efforts.
- Lead of major and complex technical projects with long-term business implications, also support and drive top technical challenges in the organisation
- Define mechanical design and development standards and practices. Work with engineering team leaders to grow the team’s capabilities and expertise
- Lead, encourage, and challenge project teams throughout the product lifecycle to ensure robust results are delivered
- Collaborate with other technical experts across all disciplines to maximize the capabilities of our people and products
- Provides technical leadership in design reviews, task force, industrial committees, and design boards as necessary
- Bachelors or Masters degree (or equivalent) in Mechanical Engineering or similar specialization
- Extensive experience in the design and mechanical development of industrial engines, with specific focus on main engine structures and the major rotating and reciprocating systems, while demonstrating expert-level proficiency in applying industry standards and best practices
- Proven record of developing engines and delivering solutions for both new product introduction and current product improvements
- Extensive experience in components inspections and investigations.
- Convincing oral and written communication skills of detailed technical themes across a wide range of audiences in English. German proficiency an additional significant advantage
- Ability and willingness to travel internationally to visit customer sites, suppliers, fairs, etc.
- A valid work permit for Austria is a prerequisite for this position (Non-EU citizens: please attach the work permit to the application)
The base pay is composed of the amount according to the Austrian collective agreement which is at least EUR 4.149,90 gross per month (x 14) and an overpayment depending on your qualifications and experience.