Manufacturing Technician - Warehouse
The Manufacturing Technician will be a key team member responsible for ensuring smooth material movement and delivery for the manufacturing process. They will ensure the timely, safe and accurate delivery of material and goods to internal and external customers of high-quality reciprocating gas engines. They may be required to perform and/or support all functions of the manufacturing of gas engines. They will do this in compliance with our Environmental Health & Safety standards.
- Perform material receipt, put away, pick, delivery, sort, and counting transactions
- Prepare material for shipping, including packaging items and loading and unloading trucks
- Ensure materials are counted and sorted into kits for production and customer fulfillment, and documented through the Warehouse Management System
- Responsible for keeping records of all products shipped and received by the company and ensuring that corresponding documentation is filed and maintained accurately
- Verify incoming shipments by reviewing and matching shipping documents against purchase orders in the Warehouse Management System
- Ensure accurate record keeping of inventory, through cycle counts, return to stock and other managed inventory processes
- Safe operation of equipment, lifting devices, powered industrial vehicles including but not limited to: forklift, genie, scissor lifts, etc.
- Follow maintenance schedules and perform equipment inspections to ensure proper and safe operation.
- Provide coaching and expertise to other team members by sharing expertise and working as a team to meet common business objectives.
- Identify continuous improvement opportunities to drive efficiency and cost savings.
- High school diploma and a combination of relevant experience.
- Basic technical aptitude including but not limited to: computers, math, and general manufacturing principles.
- Willingness and ability to work flexible hours/shifts.
- Ability to meet physical and cognitive demands assessment.
- Ability to lift a minimum weight of 40 lbs.
- Team player who is accountable for team’s success: delivering business targets and responsibility for decisions and outcomes.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills with the ability to give and receive feedback.
- Ability to work in a self-directed environment.
- Willingness to learn new skills and perform a variety of tasks and roles within the manufacturing process and teach and coach other team members.