Engineering BOM Specialist
This position is responsible for creating bills-of-material (BOM) in Oracle ERP system based on product management and engineering design specifications. With the bill-of-material established you will define product configuration rules in Oracle Configurator Developer. You will be responsible for documenting standards used in the ERP and configurator applications while working to improve process and reduce errors.
Completes Item and BOM structure for engineering defined pick to order (PTO) and assemble to order (ATO) level bills-of-material for industrial gas engine products. Understands standard and option code compatibility for a product line offering. Authors rules that establish a user interface for entering sales order information and delivering a customer unit bill-of-material which meets engineering design intent.
- Create/maintain Oracle Configurator user interface
- Develop statement rules for PTO/ATO model standard and option BOM structures
- Assist engineering design/fulfillment team to structure bills-of-material for projects not defined in standard bills
- Create and maintain ATO model bills-of-material library
- Research, troubleshoot & analyze configurator issues
- Review & verify configured BOM(s) for accuracy
- Notify organization of engineering change order release
- Update folders and files used to manage engineering change orders
- Complete engineering change orders to units initiated by customer or engineering requirements
- Create engineering change orders for service kits and other BOM only releases
- Other responsibilities and projects as assigned
- Bachelor's or technical degree in a related discipline
- Five (5) years of experience working within an ERP system with exposure to bills-of-material and Item master practices
- Industrial product exposure
- Experience with a product configurator
- Experience with Oracle ERP Applications
- Demonstrated experience in process-oriented work
- Strong analytical, technical, time management and prioritization skills
- Ability to work in fast paced team environment
INNIO offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. INNIO is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, gender (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, veteran status or any other characteristics protected by law.