In this role, you will:
Be responsible for all day to day buying activities focused on the procurement and delivery of assigned material. In this role, you will use your experience and expertise to partner with suppliers to develop and execute priorities in line with short-term and long-term business goals. A key element of this position will be to provide functional support to internal customers, ensure business strategies are followed through working closely with your assigned commodities and supplier base to ensure customer orders are delivered on time, are of high quality and optimal cost to the business.
At INNIO, we offer you:
- An innovative and international connected working environment
- Flexible working model and structure
- Comprehensive benefits package
- Tuition reimbursement
- Company matched RRSP program
- Onsite gym facility
- An upbeat atmosphere with a collaborative cross-functional team
In this position, you will be responsible for:
- Manage assigned volume of purchase orders across multiple supply chains to ensure on time delivery
- Place purchase order to best source to support on-time delivery of qualified product for short cycled customer demands
- Expedite and prioritize supply chain and logistics to meet standard, emergency, and short cycle customer demands
- Interface and own timely updates to internal customers to expedite and resolve shortages and customer issues.
- Work closely with Planning team to assist the monitoring of material input to balance the material supply & inventory replenishment
- Execute Rescheduling activity in collaboration with Materials planner
- Mitigate and minimize expediting fees and other expenses with suppliers
- Responsible for key planning inputs into ERP, including lead times, minimum, maximum, fixed order, and fixed lot multiplier quantities.
- Resolve Accounts Payable and invoice hold issues
- Manage supplier updates and promise details in ERP / SupplyOn to ensure that they are up-to-date and of qualitative value to our internal customers
- Measure and analyze supplier performance and drive resolution on performance issues by understanding supplier capacities & capabilities
- Actively participate in supplier performance reviews
- Balance both tactical execution with strategic initiatives necessary to drive cost reduction projects
- Mitigate and minimize premium transportation requests.
- Support key sourcing initiatives through continuous improvement projects
- Support system testing related to functional responsibilities (ERP, Clear Orbit, OTM, PLM, etc.)
- Drive e-tool penetration with suppliers (ASN, Supply On, Bassware).
- Contribute to project as a team member or leads small projects
- Work closely with other sourcing functions to ensure that sourcing goals are met for fulfillment, cost and quality.
- Support to negotiate and resolve negative Purchase Price Variance (PPV).
- Support Global Commodity Leader to improve Payment Terms with Suppliers.
- Support Sourcing Quality Engineer and Design Engineering on timely Supplier Deviation Request (SDR) resolution.
- Management of RFQs with suppliers for item revisions.
- Understand strategies for assigned commodities & proactively support initiatives to meet Sourcing objectives
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited university or college with supply chain focus or related field (or 7+ years of comparable industry experience)
- Working knowledge of Material Requirements Planning module – Oracle, SAP etc.
- Must be a collaborative team player, willing to take ownership of decisions and be a results-oriented self-starter
- Demonstrated ability to motivate, influence people across a complex matrixed organization, drive change at all levels of the organization, and excel in fast paced business environment
- Consistent track record of meeting / exceeding key performance objectives
- Demonstrated ability to organize, assess, prioritize tasks, risks, resources, milestones and deliverables with frequently changing priorities
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications
- Demonstrated strong customer service and detail oriented mindset
- Ability to analyze problems, identify root causes and provide efficient solutions
- Lead initiatives of moderate scope and impact