Mechanical Maintenance Technician
- Monitor, troubleshoot, maintain, schedule and optimize equipment efficiency, reliability and reduce utility consumption by optimizing the operation of the building mechanical, hydronic, heating, ventilation, air conditioning and refrigeration equipment and systems.
- Perform the day-to-day operations of the facilities Trane Tracer Ensemble building automation system (BAS).
- Service, troubleshoot, monitor and maintain various HVAC systems in the facility including but not limited to:
- Air handling systems: 18 large tonnage sectional Trane air handling systems (AHU’s) and 1 500 000 to 3 000 000 BTUH burner sections.
- Refrigerant: flow heat pumps (Evaporators, condensers and their controllers) serving elevators, UPS and IT rooms.
- Centrifugal chillers: adaptive frequency drives, Adaptiview interface and Evapco evaporative cooling towers, variable frequency drives, basin heaters, starters, controllers, filtration systems, chemical injection systems and related pumps
- Direct Coil Dry cooler system: to support machining production
- AC Systems: Econophase split computer room air conditioning systems with liquid injection pumps, reheat, humidification and dehumidification.
- Air Compressors: six wet/dry compressed air receiver tanks, four desiccant type air drier towers, wet and dry accumulators and related condensate removal systems.
- Water pumps and systems: potable and non-potable water pumps and systems.
- VAVS (variable air volume systems): 78 variable air volume (VAV) terminal units complete with hot water reheat and motorized dampers to ensure occupancy quality of central and front offices.
- Gas fired heaters: 400 to 2.5 million BTUs and related systems Service and 27 gas-fired unit heaters.
- Participate in power down and start-up during power outages: both scheduled & non-scheduled
- Preventative maintenance and service for combustion equipment included but not limited to Paint, Oven, Ransohoff Case Washer, and other equipment in the facility.
- Refrigeration and Air Conditioning Systems Mechanic Red Seal Designation 313A
- Gas Technician – Fitter 1 Certification
- 10 Years + experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Candidate would be flexible with supporting emergency call ins, shift changes and shift coverage when required to do so.
- This would include days, afternoons and midnights shift.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with cross-functional team members
- Proven ability to adapt to changing priorities and working conditions
- Ability to work shutdowns or overtime when required
- Heavy industrial, requiring 100% of time per week in plant.
- Required to wear personal protective equipment.
- Exposure to noise; heights, lighting conditions, materials, products and by-products associated with the manufacture of engine components.
- Required to climb stairs, ladders to access elevations, able to crouch for periods of time, push, pull, lift and turn while carrying tools, material and equipment in various parts of the facilities.