Senior Production Manager
Senior Production Manager – Luxury Goods
Either Guangzhou or Hong Kong Based
where great ideas win
In every office around the world, InnerWorkings offers an entrepreneurial culture that sets ambitious goals and looks
beyond the status quo. We deliver innovative brand experiences which inspire meaningful connections between people and
leading global brands across all channels. Driven by our core set of values, our high-performance teams are dedicated to
exceeding expectations at all levels of client service and delivering tailored brand experiences across geographies. At InnerWorkings, we reward sharp, unconventional thinkers who are motivated to create their own success. Our winning culture draws from employees who step up to the challenge of solving tough problems and making a difference. We dream big, so our clients can dream bigger. If you are seeking a challenging opportunity with a global company that encourages professional development, we would love to talk to you!
The Senior Production Manager is responsible for the operational management of Branded Merchandise for our client’s marketing campaigns, custom projects and complex merchandise requests and requires a proactive approach to innovation, ideation and added value. Working hand in hand with the client services team and strategic sourcing team, the Senior Production Manager will take the brief, provide collaborative initiatives and execute on it ensuring all contractual agreements are adhered to and internal SLAs and processes are followed resulting in a seemly delivery for the client. This candidate is expected to source and deliver merchandise options that fit within the client’s scope of expectations.
- Manage all aspects of production with vendors on behalf of the client services team, conferring with vendors concerning delivery timetables, costs, quality, samples and maintaining current status of assigned projects at all times. Have an understanding of negotiation tactics to maximize profits.
- Provide a high degree of technical and innovative support and expertise both to clients and associates drawing upon their knowledge of the category expertise. Advising client services on solutions and recommendations at all times.
- Build relationships with the client services teams and strategic sourcing and develop communication channels to ensure smooth workflow; liaison between internal stakeholders, agencies and suppliers to ensure quality, on-time delivery within budget parameters.
- Gather job requirements and perform procurement and project management of campaigns or projects with an understanding of the client’s objectives, strategy, goals and targets. Manage the jobs on-budget, on-time and with the highest level of service and quality whilst maintaining added value throughout the workflow process.
- Update all specifications into proprietary order management system, prepare request for bid specifications, and send to selected vendors. Maintain accurate price quotation data for all projects/vendors quoted.
- Working in conjunction with strategic sourcing to investigate potential suppliers and recommend those most desirable based on knowledge of client’s requirements, manufacturing limitations, supplier facilities and schedule availability.
- Develop program strategies which are both beneficial and economical for the client. Advise on economic formats, working with internal stakeholders and agencies to derive cost efficiencies and innovation for all projects and/or campaigns.
- Ensure job revenue, cost, savings & profitability adhere to contractual agreements and company expectations at all times
- Proactively identify and present additional production solutions, ideas and value to continuously develop InnerWorkings offering allowing additional growth.
- Work as part of a team whilst independently delivering on day-to-day projects.
- Consistently exceed client expectations and provide superior customer service.
- 10 + years relevant work experience or industry qualification
- 7+ years of Branded Merchandise production experience (sourcing luxury items a bonus)
- Preferably a sound technical expertise in chosen category of Luxury items in the cosmetic industry
- Knowledge & interaction of local & regional (APAC) merchandise supplier base specifically for the luxury goods industry
- Quality and cost management requirements based on category expertise
- Excellent understanding of planning, budget and cost management for the client’s expectations
- Proven experience of service delivery, innovation and added value to brands and end clients
- Proven project management, communication, timekeeping and administration skills with a ‘can do’ attitude
- Experience working with suppliers and vendors to negotiate job costs, samples and schedules
- Highly proficient with MS Office software, especially Excel (ability to use design software a bonus but not essential)
- Entrepreneurial and innovatively minded with an internal drive to continuously hit goals, succeed and be a team player
- Experience excelling within fast paced, pressurised, high energy environments including the ability to manage multi-campaign/multi-job projects with multiple service line elements across various vendors in multiple countries
- Flexible and able to work independently within an international team disseminated in different geographies
- Languages: English, Chinese, fluent in speaking, writing and communicating (additional languages a bonus)
At InnerWorkings we understand that your life extends beyond the workplace. We value our employees and offer amazing growth opportunities and benefits designed to keep our employees at the top of their game and inspired to be a part of the InnerWorkings team. InnerWorkings is an Equal Opportunity Employer