Strategic Sourcing Analyst
STRATEGIC SOURCING ANALYST
where great ideas win
In every office around the world, InnerWorkings offers an entrepreneurial culture that sets ambitious goals and looks beyond the status quo.
At InnerWorkings, we reward sharp, unconventional thinkers who are motivated to create their own success. Our winning culture draws from employees who step up to the challenge of solving tough problems and making a difference. We dream big, so our clients can dream bigger.
Reporting to the Strategic Sourcing Analytics Manager the main purpose of the role is the analytical function across all the strategic sourcing function in EMEA & APAC regions. The job will have lose working relationship with Business Development in the pursuit of winning new business opportunities specifically on the analysis of client data and the tendering or RFx process with our suppliers and the comparison between these. Furthermore the role will providing analytical insight, commercial and technical support for our client facing Account Directors, Account Managers and front line teams. As part of the boarder Strategic Sourcing team the primary responsibility is to ensure that Innerworkings and our clients are getting the very best value for money, ensuring that we are dealing with suppliers that meet the ethical, environmental, commercial and quality standards of our organization. The role requires a pro-active approach, an inquisitive mind and clarity of thought applied through analytical work within our supply chain ensuring the InnerWorkings’ supply chain performs at the highest level whilst delivering market leading value for our clients.
- To act as the strategic sourcing analytical expert for the business across all spend categories, all key product types and production techniques.
- To provide insight and support to the EMEA and APAC category teams.
- Analysis, develop and implementation of pricing and sourcing strategies during contract pursuit and due diligence phases as well as for the daily operational business .
- To seek out saving opportunities from within client’s spend and with the support of the relevant subject matter expert within INWK.
- Proactively identify and present additional sourcing solutions through analysis of data to continuously support InnerWorkings to grow and generate account revenue
- Work with the INWK BI team to ensure good and accurate reporting data as required by the Strategic Sourcing Director and other team members.
- Make intelligent use of the data recorded in the InnerWorkings ERP, ensuring a structured approach to data analysis is adopted which enables strategic procurement decision making.
- Meeting the KPI’s that will measure the effectiveness of the Strategic Sourcing function; i.e. Technology fees, early payment discount all of which will be set and then agreed with the line manager.
Professional experience and background
- Extensive experience in an analytical role, ideally within a marketing solutions business gained from an analytical, purchasing, sourcing or account management role.
- The role is an analytical one but an understanding of sourcing products from EMEA and APAC including duties and taxes, logistics, ethical sourcing and quality control would be useful.
- Good English language skills required.
- Logical thought process with the ability to influence those around them
- Able to summaries large amount of data in to clear, concise, easy to understand conclusions identifying savings potentials
- 5+ years of analytics specifically within a sourcing or purchasing marketing industries.
- Proven project management skills.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills with the ability to interface with senior level professionals.
- Highly proficient with MS Office software, with critically an expert knowledge and experience of Excel.
- Entrepreneurial minded with an internal drive to continuously hit goals and succeed.
- Used to working to tight deadlines
- Team player
- Able to deal with ambiguity and convert in to clarity.
- Target orientated executer with good attention to detail.
- Experience excelling within fast paced, high energy environments.
- Bachelor’s Degree in a related discipline or equivalent work experience.
At InnerWorkings we understand that your life extends beyond the workplace. We value our employees and offer a variety of benefits including amazing growth opportunities and other benefits designed to keep our employees at the top of their game and inspired to be a part of the InnerWorkings team.
InnerWorkings is an Equal Opportunity Employer