Production Manager, POP/POS
production manager, Pop/Pos
The Production Manager is responsible for all aspects of production, purchasing, and execution of variety of POP/POS projects for our client. This person will work with suppliers, internal team members, and external stakeholders to ensure projects are purchased and executed in a way that ensures quality and competitive pricing while overseeing and executing a high volume of complex projects.
- Manage all aspects of production with vendors on behalf of the client, conferring with vendors concerning delivery timetables and maintaining current status of assigned projects at all times.
- Build relationships with clients and develop communication channels to ensure smooth workflow; liaison between internal stakeholders, agencies and suppliers to ensure quality, on-time delivery within budget parameters.
- Gather job requirements and perform procurement and project management of campaigns or projects with understanding of the client’s objectives. Manage the client’s jobs on-budget, on-time and with the highest level of service and quality.
- Enter all specifications into proprietary order management system (PPM4), prepare request for bid specifications, and send to selected vendors. Maintain accurate price quotation data in PPM4 for all projects/vendors quoted.
- Investigate potential suppliers and recommend those most desirable based on knowledge of manufacturing limitations, supplier facilities and schedule availability.
- Develop program strategies which are both beneficial and economical for the client. Advise on economic formats, working with internal stakeholders and agencies to derive cost efficiencies for print projects and/or campaigns.
- Analyze job revenue, cost and profitability by job and/or project, as well as quarterly and yearly analysis and reporting.
- Work within established operating budgets and maintain daily tracking and analysis of benchmarking information.
- 3+ years of production experience, specifically with temporary and semi-permanent dimensional retail displays. Permanent display experience a plus.
- Experience in temporary, semi-permanent, and permanent dimensional retail displays
- Detailed track record of successful print purchasing experience in a manufacturing, client, or agency environment.
- Proven project management skills.
- Experience working with suppliers and vendors to negotiate job costs and schedules.
- Highly proficient with MS Office software, especially Excel.
- Entrepreneurial minded with an internal drive to continuously hit goals and succeed.
- Experience excelling within fast paced, high energy environments.
- Bachelor’s Degree in a related discipline or equivalent work experience.