The Senior Accountant is responsible for the processing, recording, updating, and reconciling of fiscal information in compliance with US GAAP. This person will partner with our accounting and finance leadership team to drive process improvement throughout the North America accounting function, with a primary focus on operational accounting.
- Prepare, examine, and analyze accounting records, financial statements, and other financial reports to assess accuracy, completeness, and conformance to reporting and procedural standards.
- Analyze business operations, trends, costs, revenues, financial commitments, and obligations, to project future revenues and expenses.
- Ensure the company’s commissions accounting processes (accruals, payables, prepaids, etc.) are complete and accurate.
- Partner with Payroll, IT and other teams to develop and implement value-add reporting and analysis of internally developed software and contract implementation accounting.
- Compile and analyze financial information to prepare entries to accounts, such as general ledger accounts, and document business transactions.
- Perform detailed reviews of staff accountant work products, providing coaching and mentoring
- Have an appetite for continuous improvement projects and remain intellectually curious and professionally skeptical.
- Research discrepancies of financial information and/or documentation for the purpose of ensuring the accuracy and adhering to established procedures prior to processing.
- Resolve accounting discrepancies and irregularities.
- Interact with internal and external auditors in completing audits.
- Compile a wide variety of financial information for the purpose of providing required documentation and/or processing information.
- Inform managers and employees of accounting procedural requirements for the purpose of facilitating financial compliance within established practices.
- 2+ years of experience with financial systems, budgets, financial reporting, financial data analysis and auditing.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, CPA preferred.
- Strong knowledge of US GAAP.
- Ability to professionally drive change and process.
- Extremely high level of written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong background in Microsoft Office – Highly proficient in Excel.
- Experience excelling within fast paced, high energy environments.