ERP Systems Specialist
ERP Systems Specialist
The ERP Systems Specialist for EYELEVEL is pivotal in supporting the success of EYELEVEL by providing a meaningful connection between our finance team and our ERP systems team. The ERP Systems Specialist is expected to represent the finance team within the day to day ERP department, clarifying all regulatory and reporting requirements and helping to guide and define system processes and procedures in accordance with the same. All guidance and decision making will consider, not only local needs, but also regional, and global EYELEVEL and Innerworking’s requirements.
Under the general supervision of the Regional Controller, the ERP Systems Specialist will maintain a dotted line to the Portland ERP manager, the Portland ERP key user team, and the global ERP team in Prague. This position will also assist in month end close, audits, and other ad hoc responsibilities as assigned (by the Regional Controller) to support the overall goals of the Innerworkings and EYELVEL finance needs.
This position reports to the Regional Controller.
- Understand all EYELEVEL business processes and how they flow through the ERP
- Attend all Finance team meetings and stay up to date on corporate policies, goals, and best practices.
- Attend weekly Portland key user meetings as a key member of the local ERP team
- Maintain an active connection with the global ERP team, Prague finance, and Business analytics teams to understand and grow our Portland reporting and systems functionality
- Maintain active connection with Portland logistics and inventory teams to make sure correct processes and procedures are understood, documented (as needed for compliance) and updated where appropriate.
- Understand all active application controls and advise Regional Controller of risks; ensuring appropriate design, implementation, and coordinating with internal and external auditors where assigned.
- Coordination with Innerworkings systems administration team as needed on M3 related finance requests
- Design and develop or coordinate the development of ad hoc reports for Portland finance team
- Perform scenario testing to verify application controls and work with system users or system administrators to remediate where applicable
- Maintain and review all user access to ERP company 600 in compliance with segregation of duties best practices and SOX controls
- Develop SOP’s manual for finance processes within M3
- Serve as M3 finance key user in any future systems upgrades or implementations impacting the Portland or broader EYELEVEL scope of business as assigned.
- Make changes to M3 accounting set up as identified and approved by Regional Controller
- Take key role in analysis of major financial system configurations such as costing model, INCO terms, tariff rates, BOM costing, inventory updates, WMS updates, RO requests, etc.
- Identify and develop automated solutions for the Portland finance team to reduce manual efforts outside of the ERP (ach remittance, links to prepayments, automatic module updates, etc)
- Assist in month end close as requested and assigned
- Assist in audit request documentation research and compilation as assigned
- Accept ownership for accomplishing new and different requests
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Computer information systems – equivalent work experience accepted
- 4+ years of accounting experience, preferable in corporate setting
- Sox Audit or compliance experience
- Experience managing security or finance process implementation within an ERP
- Experience with process mapping a plus (Visio or similar)
- Strong knowledge of corporate accounting and financial systems and processes
- Exceptional communication skills, project management and organization skills
- Self-Starter who can see the big picture, bring workable solutions
- Ability to successfully pass a background check, drug test and/or reference check
- No personal ego, just work ego