Accounts Payable Manager
accounts payable manager
The Accounts Payable Manager is responsible for ensuring that supplier payments are processed accurately, timely and aligned with overall business objectives. Always adjusting to ever changing business priorities, this role will ensure that both suppliers and internal clients are treated with respect and professionalism consistently seeking to identify process and/or accuracy bottlenecks for the betterment of our clients and shareholders.
Success requires the ability to nurture relationships with direct reports and suppliers while working with a bias toward action and urgency. Strategic collaboration with internal stakeholders and suppliers to streamline processes and create efficiency is critical.
- Ensure timely and accurate supplier payments in alignment with overall business objectives
- Select, mentor, empower and lead Accounts Payable team
- Establish and generate standard departmental activity and performance reports
- Proactively document and improve internal process to reduce risk and improve both internal and supplier satisfaction.
- Interface with internal and external auditor ensuring departmental and procedural compliance
- Manage AP invoice journal uploads
- Track performance and correcting all invoice journal errors
- Create and manage to annual payment to aid in cash flow forecasting
- Regularly reviewing open payables and open debits on vendor accounts to reconcile differences
- As a liaison to the Innerworkings Supplier Community, ensure supplier concerns are heard and addressed professionally and consistently.
- Research invoices and missing information; reconciliation of minor disputes with vendors.
- Work with InnerWorkings’ personnel to resolve issues in the supplier community
- Liaison with Accounting, Systems, Business Operations and other departments for system glitches and system enhancements
- 7+ years of accounts payable, collections experience
- Bachelor’s degree in related discipline or an equivalent combination of training and experience
- Advanced Microsoft Office skills (primarily Excel)
- Independent thinker with a passion for improvement
- Strong problem-solving skills combined with high emotional intelligence
- Proven track record of flourishing within demanding, fast paced environment.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, with the ability to communicate across many organizational levels
- Ability to inspire others toward excellence.