Client Engagement Director
Client Engagement Director
The Client Engagement Director is responsible for their assigned account(s) and clients by establishing and maintaining relationships with key stakeholders on the client team. The Director oversees operations, procurement, production, and execution of the client’s projects and has direct accountability for account performance (both client KPIs and internal KPIs) within the current client scope and identification of opportunities for growth.
- Act as a vital link between the client, creative and production teams, suppliers, and shared services team(s) to ensure all terms of the contract and SLAs are met.
- Build successful and strategic relationships with the client stakeholders to increase revenue opportunities while upholding superior service and transparency standards.
- Attend client marketing meetings, coordinate with applicable client agencies, and provide strategic guidance to the production team to optimize bidding and production processes.
- Serve as the P&L owner for respective accounts, including operational performance, budget, and forecast management.
- Review and maintain job profitability inline with contract obligations.
- Responsible for quantitative and qualitative account performance.
- Ensure account profitability and competitive pricing in collaboration with the Strategic Sourcing team through overarching strategy for sourcing and optimal supplier selection.
- Partner with business analysts to produce and present quarterly business reviews with an emphasis on data and incremental growth opportunities to the client and InnerWorkings management.
- Serve as a subject matter expert and point of escalation for account team issues, both internally and with clients.
- Understand team roles and responsibilities in order to connect team members with the appropriate subject matter experts and support resources.
- Reinforce compliance with company policies and procedures with respective teams.
- Manage contract renewals in partnership with vertical leadership.
- Manage SG&A in accordance with Budget.
- 7+ years of hands-on production or account management experience across multiple, high-volume or high-complexity accounts, within a manufacturing, client, or agency environment.
- 7+ years of direct client interfacing experience, including at the executive level.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related discipline or equivalent work experience.
- Experience with full P&L oversight and accountability.
- Experience with complex contract review and negotiations.
- Proven project and people management skills with oversight of large teams.
- Strong business and financial acumen and decision-making ability.
- Understanding of marketing and industry trends and ability to communicate relevant influences.
- Demonstrated experience of effectively navigating tough conversations.
- Exhibited a proactive and analytical solutions-oriented approach to problem solving.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Exceptional presentation skills with experience interfacing with senior-level executives.
- High proficiency with Microsoft Office software, specifically Excel and PowerPoint.
- Demonstrated aptitude in learning new technology for application in a professional environment.
- Proven track record of continuously meeting or achieving established goals.
- Ability to adapt across a wide range of business scenarios, including fast-paced environments.