Subsidiary Management Paralegal
subsidiary management paralegal
The Subsidiary Management Paralegal will act as the corporate liaison for subsidiary governance task for over 70 global entities. This role will be responsible for directing 3rd party legal partner to the proper contacts within our organization, and will work with different departments within the organization regularly.
- Corporate liaison for the subsidiary governance tasks for 70+ global entities
- Direct 3rd party legal partner to proper contacts within InnerWorkings for information required for annual or other governance filings.
- Address communications from local teams globally with questions or tasks
- Route documents and obtain signature from INWK directors, legal reps, etc.
- Mail and track receipt of documents
- Assess appropriate scope of authority and ensure limitations in place
- Identify third parties to serve in roles where appropriate and put contracts in place with those third parties
- Review legal documentation to ensure changes are as intended, collect signatures, ensure proper delivery, confirm filing was processed, update all trackers
- Track tasks sent to 3rd party legal partner to ensure they are documented properly
- Monitor tasks assigned to 3rd party legal partner to ensure they are completed
- Help team clear roadblocks and think through alternative solutions
- Ad hoc entity needs from the local teams (intercompany loans, POA requests, registration with corporate, tax and other registrars and governmental authorities, changes in address, entity name changes, etc.)
- Redirect local teams on what to use 3rd party legal partner for, ensure proper documentation, and educate on process
- Review for completeness and consider action items identified by Compliance Health Checks (CHC) performed by 3rd party legal partner
- Ensure that Blueprint is up-to-date and agrees to the CHCs and the excel trackerc
- 3+ years of relevant experience
- Must have excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Power Point), including redlining contracts.
- Prior use of Apttus and Blueprint (or similar tools) preferred.