Senior Account Manager - APAC
senior account manager - apac
The Senior Account Manager is responsible for day-to-day interactions with clients by establishing new and maintaining existing relationships with key peers on the client team. Working across a selection of extremely exciting and high-profile brands, this person will manage and oversee the execution of the production activities of the client’s jobs and/or projects to meet all client requirements. Direct accountability for the client spends; focused on continually driving down costs, increasing margins, and identifying new sales channels and opportunities for Innerworkings. Working closely with the central production team, you will ensure contractual compliance is will be to delight the client, giving best in class service whilst ensuring you are supporting the Account Director to deliver the strategy, spot development opportunities and achieve all internal P&L requirements.
who we are
InnerWorkings is the leading marketing execution firm serving Fortune 500 brands across a wide range of industries. As a comprehensive outsourced enterprise solution, we leverage our proprietary technology, an extensive supplier network, and deep domain expertise to streamline the production of branded materials and retail experiences across geographies and formats.
At InnerWorkings, we reward sharp, unconventional thinkers who are motivated to create their own success. Our winning culture draws from employees who step up to the challenge of solving tough problems and making a difference. We dream big, so our clients can dream bigger.
- Build successful partnerships with the client business leads and key decision makers; provide on-going strategic insights and revised solutions/recommendations based on the changing market dynamics and industry trends.
- Continuously improve production solutions and evaluate current spend to maximize capabilities and drive value in the relationship from both an economic and service level.
- Implement an overall account structure and team that will excel in sourcing, procurement, production, and execution of all client jobs and projects.
- Oversee and facilitate procurement, production, shipping, and billing for the client’s jobs and projects; be a vital link between the client, production, and suppliers to ensure all terms of the contract and engagement are delivered flawlessly.
- Analyse job revenue, cost, and profitability, as well as quarterly and yearly analysis. Prepare Quarterly Business Reviews to present to the client and InnerWorkings’ management.
- Build successful partnerships with the client business leads and key decision makers to increase and expand revenue opportunities by identifying production solutions and evaluating current spend.
- Provide strategic guidance to the production team to optimize bidding and production processes.
- Responsible for staffing decisions, ensuring the account is properly resourced and season peaks are anticipated and staffed appropriately.
- Train, mentor and work closely with Account Manager(s), Senior Production Manager(s), Production Manager(s), and Production Coordinator(s).
- Drive performance accountability and assume responsibility for overall management of the account; ensure the client team is providing superior customer service.
- Manage a team of Account coordinators and be involved in staffing decisions
- 5+ years’ experience in client management and account management skills gained in a direct client interfacing role.
- Proven project management skills.
- Outstanding organizational and planning skills (ability to juggle multiple projects), great attention to detail and follow-through, ability to multi-task and consistently meet deadlines.
- A ‘Can Do’ attitude in what can be a very challenging, fast paced pressurised client environment.
- Experience in one or more of the following sectors: Branded merchandise / Digital/ Print /POSM /Retail would be required.
- Sound technical expertise in chosen category(s).
- Organised, efficient, structured, focused and goal oriented.
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to interface with senior level professionals.
- Experience excelling within fast paced, high energy environments.
- Highly proficient with MS Office software, especially Excel.
- Presentation skills advantageous
- Relevant work experience or industry qualification.
- Language requirements: Advanced English, Chinese are must.