The Production Manager is responsible for the operational management of campaigns, projects and jobs in the execution of the deliverables of Print, POSM, Branded Merchandise, Digital, packaging requirements dependent upon skillset. Working hand in hand with the client services team and strategic sourcing team, the production manager will take the brief, provide innovation and execute on it ensuring all contractual agreements are adhered to and internal SLA and processes are followed resulting in a seemly delivery for the client.
WHO WE ARE
InnerWorkings is the leading marketing execution firm serving Fortune 500 brands across a wide range of industries. As a comprehensive outsourced enterprise solution, we leverage our proprietary technology, an extensive supplier network, and deep domain expertise to streamline the production of branded materials and retail experiences across geographies and formats.
At InnerWorkings, we reward sharp, unconventional thinkers who are motivated to create their own success. Our winning culture draws from employees who step up to the challenge of solving tough problems and making a difference. We dream big, so our clients can dream bigger.
- Manage all aspects of production with vendors on behalf of the client services team, conferring with vendors concerning delivery timetables and maintaining current status of assigned projects at all times.
- Provide a high degree of technical support and expertise both to clients and associates drawing upon their knowledge of the category expertise.
- Build relationships with the client services teams and strategic sourcing and develop communication channels to ensure smooth workflow; liaison between internal stakeholders, agencies and suppliers to ensure quality, on-time delivery within budget parameters.
- Gather job requirements and perform procurement and project management of campaigns or projects with understanding of the client’s objectives. Manage the jobs on-budget, on-time and with the highest level of service and quality.
- Update all specifications into proprietary order management system, prepare request for bid specifications, and send to selected vendors. Maintain accurate price quotation data for all projects/vendors quoted.
- Working on conjunction with strategic sourcing to investigate potential suppliers and recommend those most desirable based on knowledge of manufacturing limitations, supplier facilities and schedule availability.
- Develop program strategies which are both beneficial and economical for the client. Advise on economic formats, working with internal stakeholders and agencies to derive cost efficiencies for print projects and/or campaigns.
- Ensure job revenue, cost, savings and profitability adhere to contractual agreements and company expectations at all times
- Proactively identify and present additional production solutions to continuously develop InnerWorkings offering allowing additional growth.
- Work as part of a team whilst independently delivering on day-to-day projects.
- 5 + years of Print/POSM/Branded Merchandise production experience.
- Sound technical expertise in chosen category(s).
- Knowledge of local and regional supplier base.
- Quality management requirements based on category expertise
- Good understanding of planning, budget and cost management.
- Proven experience of service delivery.
- Proven project management skills.
- Experience working with suppliers and vendors to negotiate job costs and schedules.
- Highly proficient with MS Office software, especially Excel.
- Entrepreneurial minded with an internal drive to continuously hit goals and succeed.
- Experience excelling within fast paced, high energy environments including the ability to manage multi-campaign/multi-job projects with multiple service line elements.
- Relevant work experience or industry qualification.
- Flexible and able to work independently within an international team disseminated in different geographies.
- Languages: English, Chinese, fluent in speaking and communicating