The Account Director is a high-profile role that will be responsible for the management and overall revenue growth and profitability for a key client. This person will be responsible for the development and maintenance of key executive relationships with existing client stakeholders as well as driving new business through ongoing organic growth.
Who we are
InnerWorkings is the leading marketing execution firm serving Fortune 500 brands across a wide range of industries. As a comprehensive outsourced enterprise solution, we leverage our proprietary technology, an extensive supplier network, and deep domain expertise to streamline the production of branded materials and retail experiences across geographies and formats.
At InnerWorkings, we reward sharp, unconventional thinkers who are motivated to create their own success. Our winning culture draws from employees who step up to the challenge of solving tough problems and making a difference. We dream big, so our clients can dream bigger.
- Build successful partnerships with the client business leads and key decision makers; provide on-going strategic insights and revised solutions/recommendations based on the changing market dynamics and industry trends.
- Continuously improve production solutions and evaluate current spend to maximize capabilities and drive value in the relationship from both an economic and service level.
- Implement an overall account structure and team that will excel in sourcing, procurement, production, and execution of all client jobs and projects.
- Oversee and facilitate procurement, production, shipping, and billing for the client’s jobs and projects; be a vital link between the client, production, and suppliers to ensure all terms of the contract and engagement are delivered flawlessly.
- Analyze job revenue, cost, and profitability, as well as quarterly and yearly analysis. Prepare Quarterly Business Reviews to present to the client and InnerWorkings’ management.
- Build successful partnerships with the client business leads and key decision makers to increase and expand revenue opportunities by identifying production solutions and evaluating current spend.
- Provide strategic guidance to the production team to optimize bidding and production processes.
- Responsible for staffing decisions, ensuring the account is properly resourced and season peaks are anticipated and staffed appropriately.
- Train, mentor and work closely with Account Manager(s), Senior Production Manager(s), Production Manager(s), and Production Coordinator(s).
- Drive performance accountability and assume responsibility for overall management of the account; ensure the client team is providing superior customer service
- 10+ years of managing production teams within a manufacturing, client, or agency environment.
- 7+ years of direct client interfacing experience.
- Experience working with suppliers and vendors to negotiate job costs and schedules.
- Proven management experience, including employee development and mentoring.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills with the ability to interface with all levels of professionals.
- Highly proficient with MS Office software, especially Excel.
- Entrepreneurial minded with an internal drive to continuously hit goals and succeed.
- Experience excelling within fast paced, high energy environments.
- Bachelor’s Degree in a related discipline or equivalent work experience.