Client Engagement Manager
client engagement manager
The Client Engagement Manager will be responsible for their assigned account(s) and clients by establishing and maintaining relationships with key stakeholders on the client team. The Account Manager will oversee operations, procurement, production, and execution of the client’s projects and have direct accountability for account performance (both client KPIs and internal KPIs) within the current client scope and identification of opportunities for growth.
- Act as a vital link between the client, creative and production teams, suppliers, and shared services team(s) to ensure all terms of the contract and SLAs are met.
- Build successful and strategic relationships with the client stakeholders to increase revenue opportunities while upholding superior service and transparency standards.
- Attend client marketing meetings, coordinate with applicable client agencies, and provide strategic guidance to the production team to optimize bidding and production processes.
- Serve as the P&L owner for respective accounts, including operational performance, budget, and forecast management.
- Review and maintain job profitability in-line with contract obligations.
- Responsible for quantitative and qualitative account performance.
- Ensure account profitability and competitive pricing in collaboration with the Strategic Sourcing team through overarching strategy for sourcing and optimal supplier selection.
- Partner with business analysts to produce and present quarterly business reviews with an emphasis on data and incremental growth opportunities to the client and InnerWorkings management.
- Serve as a subject matter expert and point of escalation for account team issues, both internally and with clients.
- Understand team roles and responsibilities to connect team members with the appropriate subject matter experts and support resources.
- Reinforce compliance with company policies and procedures with respective teams.
- Manage contract renewals in partnership with vertical leadership.
- Manage SG&A in accordance with Budget.
- 5+ years of hands-on production or account management experience within a manufacturing, client, or agency environment.
- 5+ years of direct client interfacing experience.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related discipline or equivalent work experience.
- Contributed to P&L management.
- Assisted in contract construction and review.
- Proven project and people management skills.
- Strong business and financial acumen and decision-making ability.
- Strong analytical skills, especially the ability to derive trends from data and provide associated insights.
- Demonstrated experience of effectively navigating tough conversations.
- Exhibited a proactive and analytical solutions-oriented approach to problem solving.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Exceptional presentation skills for the ability to interface with senior-level executives.
- Advanced proficiency with Microsoft Office software, specifically Excel and PowerPoint.
- Demonstrated aptitude in learning new technology with application in a professional environment.
- Proven track record of continuously meeting or achieving established goals.
- Ability to adapt across a wide range of business scenarios, including fast-paced environments.