We are currently hiring an Accountant Assistant to join our team in Istanbul. The person will have strong knowledge of and compliance with statutory requirements and accounting standards. Very good interpersonal and communication skills are needed as the person will liaise with people across the board and the business located locally as well as internationally and key suppliers and clients. Ability to work independently and under pressure, is a must, too.
who we are
InnerWorkings is the leading marketing execution firm serving Fortune 500 brands across a wide range of industries. As a comprehensive outsourced enterprise solution, we leverage our proprietary technology, an extensive supplier network, and deep domain expertise to streamline the production of branded materials and retail experiences across geographies and formats.
At InnerWorkings, we reward sharp, unconventional thinkers who are motivated to create their own success. Our winning culture draws from employees who step up to the challenge of solving tough problems and making a difference. We dream big, so our clients can dream bigger.
- Maintain the accuracy and integrity of the complete general ledger.
- Ensure compliance to internal financial procedures.
- Liaise regularly with external accountant.
- Manage the account receivable cycle:
- Collate and manage information as supplied by the local commercial account managers regarding sales.
- Record all the clients’ invoices in the accounting system by projects, issue the invoices and send the invoices to the clients after validation by the sales team.
- Credit control - ensure that the invoices are paid timely by clients.
- Manage the account payable cycle:
- Collate and manage information as supplied by the local commercial managers regarding business purchases.
- Ensure that the invoices are validated timely by the purchasers.
- Record all the suppliers invoices, business and open expenses ensuring that business invoices are recorded by projects.
- At month end ensure the expenses cut off is done accurately and timely using the information provided by the sales team and purchasers.
- Ensure all costs are accrued for the period.
- Ensure that all month end journals are posted (prepayments as well as accruals).
- Submit invoices for payments as well as banking information; ensure that invoices are paid timely and accurately.
- Perform regular suppliers accounts reconciliation to ensure that the suppliers ledger match the suppliers account statements.
- VAT returns.
- Close the book monthly.
- Post all financial cut off journals.
- Prepare schedules and reconciliations to back up balance sheet accounts.
- Prepare monthly project accounting reports.
- Provide financial information to the local commercial team.
- Answers queries from controlling team.
- Following operational office maintenance.
- 1 - 3 years of experience in a similar role.
- Knowledge of statutory requirements and accounting standards will be plus
- Adaptable, great attention to detail and aptitude to use a variety of systems.
- Outstanding organizational and planning skills.
- A 'Can Do' attitudes.
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to interface with customers.
- Experience excelling within fast paced, high energy environments.
- Bachelor's Degree in a related discipline or equivalent work experience.
- Flexible and able to work independently within an international team disseminated in different geographies.
- Highly proficient with MS Office software, especially Excel.