The Account Manager will be responsible for the daily interactions with the client, especially establishing new and maintaining existing relationships with key peers on the client team. This person will oversee operations, procurement, production, and execution of the client’s projects and have direct accountability for the current client spend. The role will be focused on continually driving down costs, increasing margins, and identifying new production opportunities for the client.
who we are
InnerWorkings is the leading marketing execution firm serving Fortune 500 brands across a wide range of industries. As a comprehensive outsourced enterprise solution, we leverage our proprietary technology, an extensive supplier network, and deep domain expertise to streamline the production of branded materials and retail experiences across geographies and formats.
At InnerWorkings, we reward sharp, unconventional thinkers who are motivated to create their own success. Our winning culture draws from employees who step up to the challenge of solving tough problems and making a difference. We dream big, so our clients can dream bigger.
- Oversee and facilitate procurement, production, shipping, and billing for the client’s jobs and projects
- Act as a vital link between the client, production team, and suppliers to ensure all terms of the contract and engagement are delivered flawlessly
- Proactively negotiate with new and existing suppliers to drive down costs and deliver process efficiencies
- Collect, review, and organize job requirements to provide strategic guidance for the production team
- Analyze job revenue, cost, and profitability of the account
- Produce quarterly and yearly analysis to present Quarterly Business Reviews to the client and InnerWorkings’ management
- Ensure contract obligations are being met by both InnerWorkings and the client
- Train, mentor, and work closely with Senior Production Manager(s), Production Manager(s), and Production Coordinator(s)
- Use our procurement system management (VALO)
- 7+ years of hands-on production management experience within a manufacturing, client, or agency environment
- 5+ years of direct client-facing experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in a related discipline or equivalent work experience
- Experience negotiating job costs and schedules with suppliers and vendors
- Proven project management skills
- Highly proficient with MS Office software, especially Excel
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, with the ability to interface with senior level professionals
- Entrepreneurial minded with an internal drive to continuously hit goals and succeed
- Experience excelling within fast paced, high energy environments